Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths Q4 help

Options
  • 05-05-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Any idea how to do part ii ? I'm not sure how to find the acceleration.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Whats the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 c0unterpart

thirteen. wrote: »
    Whats the question?

I cant add pictures could I dm the question or will i have to type it out

Upload the picture to an image hosting site and link it.

http:// tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24w9fky&s=8#.U2e7C3y9KSM

no space

The acceleration of the 7kg block will be the same as the 3kg block, and it will stay like that until it falls off the edge of the table because no external forces are acting upon it.

• Advertisement

thirteen. wrote: »
    The acceleration of the 7kg block will be the same as the 3kg block, and it will stay like that until it falls off the edge of the table because no external forces are acting upon it.

Thanks.

Am i going about finding the speed right by saying 3(v) = 7(u) where i have the correct value for v ?

I don't know what it is you are trying to do there tbh. but you are definitely over complicating it.

Its really quite simple.

a=whatever, s=6.615, t7=?
    s=1/2at^2 to get t7, then take t3 from t7 to get how much longer it takes to reach the edge of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nicke011

I agree with thirteen.
    7kg is there just to trick you, because the table is smooth so there is no friction, therefore the acceleration of the bodies are the same.
    I got 0.82 seconds for (I) and 0.34 seconds for (II) (t=1.16-0.82=0.34s)

Advertisement