Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

family car/jeep....cheap tax???

Options
  • 05-05-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi,

i've just sold my 05 alhambra as i was so sick of driving it...i would LOVE a jeep but the tax on those is crazy eg. discovery, pathfinder etc...

we have 3 kids, all in high back boosters and need a car/jeep that would cater for us. i'm hot on the navara as my hubby has older 03 model and its gr8, i know the younger models are larger.

anyone got any ideas as to how i can get what i want or what would be suitable????? really dont want to be paying high tax
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Unless you can pay out for a new model Landrover Discovery 5 seat commercial, theres not much you can do if you want such a car with cheap tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭elainerut

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Budget?

6000 at the most, hubby just got put down to 2 day week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I just bought a 6 seater Commercial Land Rover Defender - Its a 1993 and was converted from a 12 seater 110 County last year. Basically the rear most seats were removed, the rear windows were removed and it was certified as a doublecab. :D

elainerut wrote: »
    6000 at the most, hubby just got put down to 2 day week :(

Discovery II TD5 for about 2.5k tops and save the rest towards tax. Sorted.

• Advertisement

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Discovery II TD5 for about 2.5k tops and save the rest towards tax. Sorted.

ooooo what yrs are those 02-04????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Yawlboy wrote: »
    I just bought a 6 seater Commercial Land Rover Defender - Its a 1993 and was converted from a 12 seater 110 County last year. Basically the rear most seats were removed, the rear windows were removed and it was certified as a doublecab. :D

the trouble with a twincab is you have to show a need to have one...ie you have to carry a workcrew

corktina wrote: »
    the trouble with a twincab is you have to show a need to have one...ie you have to carry a workcrew

i have a herd number....... plus a work crew.....my 3 kiddos!!!!!! lol yeah thats whats driving me away from them but i do have a herd no. are the guards inforcing that rule of kids in crewcabs???and taxing it privately

elainerut wrote: »
    ooooo what yrs are those 02-04????

99 to 05.

corktina wrote: »

Tax it privately sure. Revenue don't care then. Or if they have a herd number, it could be used for farm purposes

Advertisement