Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Short questions

Options
  • 05-05-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Hi I don't do q 1's and instead do the short q's.

It's dawning on me now at how much there is to know for them (cashflow/published in particular)

Without leaving any out, is there any I should be focusing on, after taking past papers into consideration etc?

I'm trying to whittle down the work a bit with such little time left.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SoundInfluence

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Hi I don't do q 1's and instead do the short q's.

It's dawning on me now at how much there is to know for them (cashflow/published in particular)

Without leaving any out, is there any I should be focusing on, after taking past papers into consideration etc?

I'm trying to whittle down the work a bit with such little time left.

Creditor control accounts, cash flow, revaluation. All very much overdue. Focus on them 3 and do the other ones such as depreciation, published, farm, club etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

It's not too late to make a start on Q1. Sole (priority)/Company.. - short questions are suicidal at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Exo wrote: »
    It's not too late to make a start on Q1. Sole (priority)/Company.. - short questions are suicidal at this stage.

my grinds teacher said that to me about 2 months ago..

Anyway, I tried q1's for a while and did very badly in them. Im definitely not taking them up now with 4 weeks to go

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Creditor control accounts, cash flow, revaluation. All very much overdue. Focus on them 3 and do the other ones such as depreciation, published, farm, club etc.

Will do! If published comes up like it did in my mock, I will not be a happy camper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

LoveLamps wrote: »
    my grinds teacher said that to me about 2 months ago..

Anyway, I tried q1's for a while and did very badly in them. Im definitely not taking them up now with 4 weeks to go

A wise man he was indeed! lol personally getting the grips of one question in the exam will be more nerve calming than stressing over another within one section. Just over 40 days.. it's all a big gamble. I'm liking the odds.. your choice I suppose, Q6-9 are a big gamble to begin with!

• Advertisement
Advertisement