Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance question - Aviva

Options
  • 05-05-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am about 8 months into my phone contract, which is 20 months (I think). I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Three. My phone is insured via my Ulster Bank ufirst account with Aviva. My phone has been acting up lately, it won't charge properly. I bought a new charger thinking that was the problem but it's definitely the phone. It will charge if I hold the charger in at a certain angle, but if I try move it or anyone touches off the wire it flashes charge/not charging til I fix it. I'm worried that the fluctuation in power going in has damaged it now as it seems slower and the screen is freezing quite a lot. The insurance says it covers damage (Including water, liquid and malicious damage and fault) but it also says I have to pay an excess of €95 per claim, which seems a lot. Does anyone know if the €95 is for just when you're claiming a lost/stolen phone or if it is the same for getting a phone fixed? Would a phone repair shop charge less/more than €95?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I got my phone replaced by Aviva under the uFirst account. Basically, you'll get a new phone.
    If they've not got SII in stock, you'll get a SIII. You will collect it the following day from the Carphone Warehouse.

I don't see them fixing it, as it wouldn't be financially sensible to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I got my phone replaced by Aviva under the uFirst account. Basically, you'll get a new phone.
    If they've not got SII in stock, you'll get a SIII. You will collect it the following day from the Carphone Warehouse.

I don't see them fixing it, as it wouldn't be financially sensible to do so.

Thanks for the reply! I'll contact them today :-)

Advertisement