Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Camera Software

Options
  • 05-05-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi, Just had to get a Maginon IPC-1A camera from Aldi, would rather get an Axis but this was an emergency.

It comes with no recording software so i tried iSpy but there is to much of a lag from when it detects someone and when it starts to record. At best i have been able to get a couple of frames of someone then they are gone.

Is there any better software i could use with this camera? ideally free or trial that anyone can recommend me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just my suggestion -
    Factor in the electricity cost of leaving a PC running continuously for a year and the difficulty of getting a pc to run continuously and you may consider a dedicated CCTV system to be an viable option.

Other than that Id be looking at software for low powered pcs like the RaspberryPi rather than windows maybe?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Have you tried Security Monitor Pro at deskshare.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

this has a free trial

http://www.blueirissoftware.com

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Hi, you can set this up to be wireless.

Firstly, plug it directly into your router, in order to be able to configure it.
    As part of that configuration process, there is an option to set up an email alarm
    When you've completed the configuration process, remove the cable to the router and bring it to your desired position.

Plug it in (which can be when you're about to leave your house/premises - so only using it's own power for the time you are absent).

When motion is detected, it will start to send an email (which incorporates 5 pics - one per second) to your preferrred email account.

If you've a smartphone, or tablet turned on, you get an email alert tone, check your email & see what the camera has picked up.

It will send lots of these emails, so ensure the sensitivity is correctly set.

Very happy with one I've installed in a sister's house - so far it has caught her dog upclose & very personal, investigating a counter top. Less happy with another one I bought, which I cannot get to work on my own wifi (even when cabled direct to router). May have to return it.

Instruction manual at this link

Advertisement