Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good daytime bar in Limerick?

Options
  • 05-05-2014 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Where is good these days for a few pints, with a option to drink outside if it's warm enough?

I remember back in the day (10+ years ago), Schooners was a decent spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Locke is a nie day time pub and they serve nice food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

krinpit wrote: »
    Where is good these days for a few pints, with a option to drink outside if it's warm enough?

I remember back in the day (10+ years ago), Schooners was a decent spot.

Mickey Martins is lovely too, nice selection of beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

If it's sunny out, the Locke.

Nancy Blake's still has the fires going if it's rainy & cold, and has the retractable awning over the back courtyard if it rainy & warm-ish.

Curragower for the patio & view.

Clohessy's or Small Claw's has the new boardwalk, but since the city reverse the decision to pedestrianise Howley's Quay, it's not quite as laid back as it was going to be. Still, great views and a nice line-up of picnic tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Buckeye wrote: »
    If it's sunny out, the Locke.

Nancy Blake's still has the fires going if it's rainy & cold, and has the retractable awning over the back courtyard if it rainy & warm-ish.

Curragower for the patio & view.

Clohessy's or Small Claw's has the new boardwalk, but since the city reverse the decision to pedestrianise Howley's Quay, it's not quite as laid back as it was going to be. Still, great views and a nice line-up of picnic tables.

There are bollards at either end of Howley's Quay that come out of the ground so it can be closed off but I'm not sure when they plan to use it. The railings between Clohessy's and the road doesn't help though. It makes it seem very confined.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

Nancy Blakes ideal i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

newbie11 wrote: »
    Nancy Blakes ideal i think

During the day?

Advertisement