Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical Help

Options
  • 04-05-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know it's a bit early, seeing as how this years just finished a few weeks back, but I'd like to get prepared for it over summer. I'm planning on doing 6 piano pieces. I'm good at sibelius, but having someone looking over my shoulder for the whole thing isn't a nice thought. I have a few in mind, but I'd like to know if I need to shorten them or not. Being asked to stop in the middle of playing would have terrible, terrible consequences (i.e. me completely freaking out and getting v little marks).

What'd be a good length for each piece? ~3 minutes?
    Is 2 minutes too short, even if the piece is complex?
    Is one longer piece ok (like 5-6 minutes)?
    Is it ok to tell the examiner to f*ck off if they decide to walk over to me and look over my shoulder?

Advertisement