Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar Street

Options
  • 04-05-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi everyone

Has anyone been to a gig in Vicar St before?

I have a few questions:

1. Where is the actual entrance? Is it the door down the alley off Thomas Street or is on Thomas Street?

2. I've heard that they open the outside doors before the official opening time to get people into the bar. Is it easy to see where you need to queue for the inside doors? I don't want to lose my place in line.

Any info would be great as I have never been there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, door in the alleyway.

Not usually a queue per se if going from bar into venue, pretty relaxed place. They announce the acts with a 10 minute warning over the p.a. into the bar.

Love that venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 FiveSpice

Thanks very much.

It's for the Ed Sheeran gig tomorrow so i would guess people will be queuing outside all day so will probably queue in doors too. Just hoping i can easily spot where i should queue as i dont want the time spent outside to go to waste.

The gig is for over 14s (lord help me) so maybe they won't open the bar?

Thanks for your reply. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

When you go into the venue, make sure to look straight ahead. The stage is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Doesn't that depend on which direction you're facing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jrm95

Hi, I'm planning to go to vicar street to see Dara O Briain in June. I've been offered Block B and as I've never been before I just wondered if anybody knew whether they were good seats or not ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Block B is 4 rows of seating at the back of the venue at ground floor level.

There are better seats but in truth its such a small place that theres genuinely not a bad seat in the house.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/198259/12836

Hi, thanks for your reply. The ticket says level 1 so I'm thinking that's above ground level or am I wrong ?

It's tired seating on the ground level.
    I was there last night.

Okay, would you say then that the Level 2 tiered seats may be a little better or are they about the same ? thanks for your replies.

As it's a seated show, it doesn't really matter.
    If it was a standing gig, your view from block B could be restricted by people standing but at a seated show, it's not a problem.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply again. I finally decided to book Block D, Row C, as other forums have suggested the balcony seats are quite relaxing and that Block D is next to the bar 👠which is very handy.

Advertisement