Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE bands - HTC One M8 GPe

Options
  • 04-05-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

I asked this over on the mobiles forum but no replies so far. Sorry for the double post but I'm hoping someone here will know.

Technical question regarding LTE bands. My understanding is that in Ireland, LTE works on the 800, 900 and 1800 Mhz frequencies. I also understand that a particular frequency can be used for different things in different countries.

I'm looking at getting the HTC One M8 GPe from the States. It has the following frequencies available, as per the product website:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    HSPA/UMTS quad-band 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz
    3G (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (700 MHz, AWS)

Also from reading around, it appears the phone supports 1800MHz for LTE roaming.

Does this mean I can stick an Irish SIM card in and it will work on our 1800MHz LTE network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Breezer wrote: »
    I asked this over on the mobiles forum but no replies so far. Sorry for the double post but I'm hoping someone here will know.

Technical question regarding LTE bands. My understanding is that in Ireland, LTE works on the 800, 900 and 1800 Mhz frequencies. I also understand that a particular frequency can be used for different things in different countries.

I'm looking at getting the HTC One M8 GPe from the States. It has the following frequencies available, as per the product website:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    HSPA/UMTS quad-band 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz
    3G (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (700 MHz, AWS)

Also from reading around, it appears the phone supports 1800MHz for LTE roaming.

Does this mean I can stick an Irish SIM card in and it will work on our 1800MHz LTE network?

I may be wrong but it only says 700MHz LTE where does it say 1800MHz support for LTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

GPE costs more. You can buy the normal version and flash the gpe's ROM on it. There is something about it on xda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I may be wrong but it only says 700MHz LTE where does it say 1800MHz support for LTE?
    It says it on a number of major blog sites that it supports 1800Mhz (B7) LTE roaming. So it seems it can support it, but will it only do so in data roaming mode or can I just lob in an Irish (eMobile) sim?

Presumably the reason it doesn't support 1800MHz LTE in the States is because 1800MHz isn't used for LTE in the States? LTE bands confuse me. :confused:
    GPE costs more. You can buy the normal version and flash the gpe's ROM on it. There is something about it on xda.

Yes, I know, but that wasn't my question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Did you ever get the answer to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Did you ever get the answer to this?

No, I bought the Sense one and love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement