Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One Roaming on 3

Options
  • 04-05-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone use a HTC One on 3? The phone's signal bar is constantly says R above it i.e. Roaming. All my data connections and roaming settings are set to off. It's not really the data roaming connection I am worried about as I can turn that off in the settings, it's more about the general phone signal going to Roaming.

ps. I always get that message with the exclamation mark in the triangle saying "Data Roaming: you have lost connection because..."

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Okay, if you are a subscriber on the 3 network, if you go outside the 3 built network you roam on Vodafone. This is by agreement between the two companies.

You can happily enable data roaming (I select national data roaming only) and not be charged beyond your tariff and not have to deal with the exclamation icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

Idleater wrote: »
    Okay, if you are a subscriber on the 3 network, if you go outside the 3 built network you roam on Vodafone. This is by agreement between the two companies.

You can happily enable data roaming (I select national data roaming only) and not be charged beyond your tariff and not have to deal with the exclamation icon.

Okay, so I'm not going to get charged when the R signal is up? How do I enable national data roaming only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Settings -> mobile network settings -> data roaming

Idleater wrote: »
    Settings -> mobile network settings -> data roaming
    I had to do it on the My3 site online. Got it though thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 subzero27

I too have this problem. When I loose my 3g signal I get an R beside the signal bars and can't call or receive calls but strangely enough can send and receive text.
    Can you please confirm that enabling the data roaming solved this for you?
    My phone was with Vodafone but is factory unlocked
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 subzero27

I too have this problem. When I loose my 3g signal I get an R beside the signal bars and can't call or receive calls but strangely enough can send and receive text.
    Can you please confirm that enabling the data roaming solved this for you?
    My phone was with Vodafone but is factory unlocked
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Hi, sorry for the late reply! I always have the R sign beside my signal bar but it doesn't seem to do anything bad other than give me low signal when indoors. Outdoors its fine. Also, in my mobile network settings I have Data roaming checked the whole time without issue. Then I just turn mobile data on and off when I need it.

Advertisement