Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syncing outlook contacts & calender with Andoid

Options
  • 04-05-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend of mine has moved from Iphone to Samsung Galaxy S4,after being impressed with mine, but now has a problem. She has her own business & uses Outlook on her laptop to manage email & calender but can not get this to sync with her Samsung Galaxy S4

Does anyone have any ideas, as I championed the S4 looking for suggestions for her & always lucky here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Birdsong wrote: »
    Hi

A friend of mine has moved from Iphone to Samsung Galaxy S4,after being impressed with mine, but now has a problem. She has her own business & uses Outlook on her laptop to manage email & calender but can not get this to sync with her Samsung Galaxy S4

Does anyone have any ideas, as I championed the S4 looking for suggestions for her & always lucky here
    Easily done, you just need to export the contacts from Outlook as a CSV file, them import that into Gmail. Here's a simple guide:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ie/outlook-help/export-outlook-contacts-to-google-gmail-HA001148902.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Brilliant, thanks for that I will let her know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You can probably setup the email account on the phone and it'll bring the contacts with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

For syncing calendars, search for "Google Calendar Sync 0.9.4.1". It's the last client that will work for this simple function I believe. I use it for purposes of pushing my calendar in work to my gmail calendar. You can set up a two-way sync as well but I've not tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Samsung Kies s/w will sync your contacts and calendar direct from Outlook, you don't have to export anything or install additional s/w.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

There is a need to synchronize your emails, contacts and calender in adequate way. Otherwise, it will harm your mailbox with duplicate items.

Couple days ago, i also checked various resources for this needful synchronization with Android platform. But, it did not synchronize due to tedious methods.

Additionally, i am searching for any kind of utility that provides automated synchronization for all components of Outlook in to Android.

Advertisement