Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make deep house music/ start producing dance music

Options
  • 03-05-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys,

For a while now I've had an interest in producing music online, I have tried FL studios, but that fell through, just downloaded ableton live 9 trial there.

What i want to be able to do is, hook a midi keyboard up to the laptop, and literally use it to make drum beats, (using effects) and make the melody. I play guitar and piano, so I would prefer to actually play the song into a software. But I dont know how to do this, no one can seem to answer me.

Surely there is a way to make songs effectively like this, i also used audacity but that needs to be recorded in.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

thats how all DAW software works. ableton live, fl studio, protools etc etc

1. open daw
    2. add midi track
    3. insert software instrument
    4. set midi input
    5. monitor channel (if needed. some DAW have automatic monitoring)
    6. play notes.

it really is no more complicated than that. every daw uses the same steps, how you go about it will differ between different software but the basic steps are the same.

also, there are literally thousands of youtube tutorials available to teach you exactly what you want to do.

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Dont overlook quantize if your making drum loops from a midi patch outside your DAW. There is fair amount to get your head around.....

There is some synths that let you build your own drum map. BFD is a good start.

Advertisement