Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain custom fees

Options
  • 03-05-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want to buy make-up brushes online from America. They cost 13euro with a 2euro delivery. On the website it mentions custom fees and was just wondering how much will An Post charge for a small package of this price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You won't pay anything , but if they are a branded name , they may be confiscated , until confirmed as genuine .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 s.rose

I will be buying them from the official website. And if they get confiscated, how do they confirm they are genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Don't worry, just buy them. Highly unlikely they will be seized as counterfeit for just a few brushes.
    Its not like you are importing them to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

s.rose wrote: »
    I want to buy make-up brushes online from America. They cost 13euro with a 2euro delivery. On the website it mentions custom fees and was just wondering how much will An Post charge for a small package of this price?

At a cost of €13 and €2 postage the items are below the thresholds for charging either import duty or VAT. Therefore you will not be charged any extra for this purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I will be buying them from the official website. And if they get confiscated, how do they confirm they are genuine?

They use a system called Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program to help protect not only intellectual property, but the consumer as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I want to buy make-up brushes online from America. They cost 13euro with a 2euro delivery.
    The postage sounds very cheap, like it might be internal US prices. When customs value the items they include postage. Go to the checkout stage to find the correct shipping, and if they will even send outside the US, many will not, esp. for stuff with regional pricing, e.g. levi jeans or I presume cosmetics

You could post a link to the site if you want people to check it out. Most scam websites try to appear like the "official" site.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BubblesAnseo1

Could I ask what site this is? :)

Advertisement