Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet gone terribly slow

Options
  • 03-05-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey guys we recently got a new hd skybox. The installer hooked it upto our wifi and ever since its ridic slow on phones ipads etc etc. so disconnected it from the skybox last nite and must have done something wrong coz it now barely works on anythin atall! How can i fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

tonto24 wrote: »
    Hey guys we recently got a new hd skybox. The installer hooked it upto our wifi and ever since its ridic slow on phones ipads etc etc. so disconnected it from the skybox last nite and must have done something wrong coz it now barely works on anythin atall! How can i fix this?

When you say barely works on anything at all what exactly happens?
    The best thing to go would be to log into your router and check all wifi settings are ok and if their are a lot of wifi points in your area change your wifi Chanel and then reboot the router

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

When you say barely works on anything at all what exactly happens?
    The best thing to go would be to log into your router and check all wifi settings are ok and if their are a lot of wifi points in your area change your wifi Chanel and then reboot the router

It takes forever to load any webpage! How do i log into my router? Sorry but i dunno how to do any of these!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

tonto24 wrote: »
    It takes forever to load any webpage! How do i log into my router? Sorry but i dunno how to do any of these!!

its generally go to 192.168.1.254 in your internet search bar (the top bar)

password for ur router is either broadband1 by default or in some cases its the WPA key (wifi password on the bottom of the box)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

There seems to be speed issues on eircom tonight if that's your ISP.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/eicom-speed/m-p/69265#M23421

Advertisement