Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch GSM

Options
  • 03-05-2014 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,
    Entered this elsewhere already but I've now found the right home for it! I have a HKC securewatch 8/12 panel with a HKC GSM-M (it looks like the picture of it on HKC's website). They are about 7 years old and are no longer monitored. Can these be set up to text me and if so can I remotely arm or disarm the system with this?
    Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

dazzler24 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Entered this elsewhere already but I've now found the right home for it! I have a HKC securewatch 8/12 panel with a HKC GSM-M (it looks like the picture of it on HKC's website). They are about 7 years old and are no longer monitored. Can these be set up to text me and if so can I remotely arm or disarm the system with this?
    Thanks,

Rob

Yes they can indeed all you need is a maintained SIM card.
    Well it is not professional monitoring, but if you notice the text alert to your mobile then great. Also just to say as well the certification bodies do not really like remote text control of alarm activations. Human response to an activation is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dazzler24

kub wrote: »
    Yes they can indeed all you need is a maintained SIM card.
    Well it is not professional monitoring, but if you notice the text alert to your mobile then great. Also just to say as well the certification bodies do not really like remote text control of alarm activations. Human response to an activation is best.

Thanks Kub for your fast reply! That's great to find out as I've a rough knowledge of alarm systems but that's about it really! Do I need to change phone protocols or anything in order for it to text me?

Thanks Kub for your fast reply! That's great to find out as I've a rough knowledge of alarm systems but that's about it really! Do I need to change phone protocols or anything in order for it to text me?

Was it originally just contacting a monitoring station?

Was it originally just contacting a monitoring station?

Yeah it was linked up to pw originally if this helps. Thanks again, Rob

What has to be done is the digital communicator within your panel has to be reprogrammed. Also in order for you to have actual GSM control of your system we will have to confirm that there is also a data connection between the GSM unit and the Panel.

Do you have engineer access to the system?

• Advertisement

What has to be done is the digital communicator within your panel has to be reprogrammed. Also in order for you to have actual GSM control of your system we will have to confirm that there is also a data connection between the GSM unit and the Panel.

Do you have engineer access to the system?
    Yeah I have the engi

Yeah I have the engi

Yeah I have the engineer code for the system

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yeah it was linked up to pw originally if this helps. Thanks again, Rob

Is this the type of GSM you have installed?

t_nws%20ps%20backup_smal_000.jpg

If so it will only work with the monitoring station.

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for your reply! The type I have is the HKC branded one that looks like a power supply unit. Rob

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for your reply! The type I have is the HKC branded one that looks like a power supply unit. Rob

Hi Rob,

From installing these systems for P.W. they have sometimes used a HKC power supply with a new world GSM installed inside. The only way of known is by opening the GSM, alarm will activate when you do same so simply enter your user code on the keypad to silence.

Post a picture and more than happy to tell you which one you have installed.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Hi Rob,

From installing these systems for P.W. they have sometimes used a HKC power supply with a new world GSM installed inside. The only way of known is by opening the GSM, alarm will activate when you do same so simply enter your user code on the keypad to silence.

Post a picture and more than happy to tell you which one you have installed.

Hi Altor,

I seem to be unable to post up any pictures at the min but in my gsm the two boards are fixed to the main body of the unit and each read HKC Ltd. The board with the phone connections also reads GSM 1.13 NOV 2006 and has the words Gsm SecureLink beside it. Hope this helps! Rob

Hi Altor,

I seem to be unable to post up any pictures at the min but in my gsm the two boards are fixed to the main body of the unit and each read HKC Ltd. The board with the phone connections also reads GSM 1.13 NOV 2006 and has the words Gsm SecureLink beside it. Hope this helps! Rob

One like this?

gsm-x31-2oem.jpg

Hi Altor,

Sorry for the late reply! I got sorted with the gsm on Friday. We established that it was a HKC gsm and set it up accordingly. Thanks very much for your help and patience and I hope to chat to you again. Rob

Advertisement