Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External bell aritech cs350

Options
  • 03-05-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

When my alarm goes off the external bell sounds ... But it does not sound normal, more of a clicking noise than siron. When I disarm the the alarm .. The external bell keeps going.
    Any ideas what's wrong.

I had an issue with "fuse" on a previous thread... In which I found the track at the back of F2 burnt. I resoldered the track and then the "Fuse" message disappeared, PIR started working again and all seemed good..... But I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the ext bell ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like it could be the bell itself.
    If you ddisconnect the external bell + does the bell sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

Thanks koolkid,

I put a resistor across the bell tamper some time ago ... Cause I think the tamper switch was faulty . ( and couldn't get a ladder to check it out) but it was working fine after that ... Could this have anything to do with it ?

To disconnect the bell is it just disconnect contacts 6 & 7 ?

Hi Guys - sorry for the delay in getting back to this ... I can only work on it at weekend :(

looking at the manual I think the Wiring of the ext bell should be :

Main Board 2 & 3 - > Aux power for ext bell
    Main Board 4 & 5 - > Ext bell signal ??
    Main Board 16 & 7 - > Ext Bell tamper

On my system when I look at the cable I think is coming from the ext bell this is the wiring.

Red Cable - > Contact 2 on Main board
    Green cable -> Contact 5 on main board
    White cable -> contact 7 on main board
    Black cable - > contact 16 on main board
    yellow cable -> not connected
    Blue cable - > not connected

I have a 4.7k res across 16 & 17 and left yellow not connected, because i have the tamper on the bell box disconnected.( think it's faulty) - so tha explains that , but I don't understand the rest of the wiring .
    can anyone explain my wiring and how it works?

KoolKid - when I disconnect the red cable from contact 2 - the alarm outside stops.

Why dosn't the bell shut off after I disarm the system? - the internal bell does shut off.

If I need to get a new a new bell i'm wondering how I should rewire it ?
    thanks

(is there a way to post pictures ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

bgengine1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys - sorry for the delay in getting back to this ... I can only work on it at weekend :(

looking at the manual I think the Wiring of the ext bell should be :

Main Board 2 & 3 - > Aux power for ext bell
    Main Board 4 & 5 - > Ext bell signal ??
    Main Board 16 & 7 - > Ext Bell tamper

On my system when I look at the cable I think is coming from the ext bell this is the wiring.

Red Cable - > Contact 2 on Main board
    Green cable -> Contact 5 on main board
    White cable -> contact 7 on main board
    Black cable - > contact 16 on main board
    yellow cable -> not connected
    Blue cable - > not connected

I have a 4.7k res across 16 & 17 and left yellow not connected, because i have the tamper on the bell box disconnected.( think it's faulty) - so tha explains that , but I don't understand the rest of the wiring .
    can anyone explain my wiring and how it works?

KoolKid - when I disconnect the red cable from contact 2 - the alarm outside stops.

Why dosn't the bell shut off after I disarm the system? - the internal bell does shut off.

If I need to get a new a new bell i'm wondering how I should rewire it ?
    thanks

(is there a way to post pictures ?)

If you place the resistor (4K7) across the 16 and 17 terminals does this close off the bell tamper?

Hi alter,
    Yes I have a resistor already across 16 and 17 ..... Yes it closes off the bell tamper..... But that was never an issue..
    The issue is that when the ext bell sounds ... And when I reset the alarm from the keypad ... The ext bell keeps sounding ...
    The only way I can see to shut it off is to disconnect the red cable from contact 2.

So I'm wondering
    a) what is wrong with my bell
    B) what is the logic behind the wiring in my system
    ( bear in mind I have already put the res across 16 & 17... Because I think the ext bell tamper switch was faulty .... This worked for several months ... though now i'm getting a differnt problem ) so that wiring I understand but the other wires I don't know
    C) how do I fix it

• Advertisement

Hi alter,
    Yes I have a resistor already across 16 and 17 ..... Yes it closes off the bell tamper..... But that was never an issue..
    The issue is that when the ext bell sounds ... And when I reset the alarm from the keypad ... The ext bell keeps sounding ...
    The only way I can see to shut it off is to disconnect the red cable from contact 2.

So I'm wondering
    a) what is wrong with my bell
    B) what is the logic behind the wiring in my system
    ( bear in mind I have already put the res across 16 & 17... Because I think the ext bell tamper switch was faulty .... This worked for several months ... though now i'm getting a differnt problem ) so that wiring I understand but the other wires I don't know
    C) how do I fix it

Its more than likely the bell itself that is the problem. Have you got a cable in with one leg of the resistor going to the BHO? When you disconnect the red wire it kills the power going to the siren stopping it ringing. This means that the battery in your bell must be gone also as it is meant to kick in when the bell receives no power from the panel.

Thanks actor,
    Yes I was thinking that about the battery,
    Would a flat battery cause the siren to continue to sound like it does ?
    Yes I have the black cable in with one leg of the res to BHO contact #16.

I can't understand the green and white wires ....
    If I get a new bell how do you suggest I write it ?
    Thanks

Thanks actor,
    Yes I was thinking that about the battery,
    Would a flat battery cause the siren to continue to sound like it does ?
    Yes I have the black cable in with one leg of the res to BHO contact #16.

I can't understand the green and white wires ....
    If I get a new bell how do you suggest I write it ?
    Thanks

It could if there is a fault with it.
    Green and white to strobe + -
    Red and black to external bell + -
    Blue and yellow to BHO and tamper return.

Whatever colours you use need to correspond to the wiring at panel and bell.
    Can be any configuration. Wire in bell before panel and just take note :)

Advertisement