Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in Children's Nursing

Options
  • 03-05-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey all,

Was accepted to the post graduate higher diploma course in children's nursing last week, can't wait! Anyone starting in september or doing/have done the course??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dondeal145

Idiopath wrote: »
    Hey all,

Was accepted to the post graduate higher diploma course in children's nursing last week, can't wait! Anyone starting in september or doing/have done the course??

hi I am also starting in Sept... exciting times :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Idiopath

Great! Are you starting in Temple Street?
    How did you find the interviews? Are you from Dublin or moving up?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 coco9191

Hello, congrats on your acceptance. i applied but unfortunately did not have the six months minimum upon application, fingers crossed for next year though :) how was the interview? i heard it was quite tough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Idiopath

coco9191 wrote: »
    Hello, congrats on your acceptance. i applied but unfortunately did not have the six months minimum upon application, fingers crossed for next year though :) how was the interview? i heard it was quite tough! :)

Hey, I actually thought the interview was grand! Much nicer than the crumlin one. It was mostly just about myself and my experience and why I want to be a children's nurse.
    Will you apply again next year??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 coco9191

Idiopath wrote: »
    Hey, I actually thought the interview was grand! Much nicer than the crumlin one. It was mostly just about myself and my experience and why I want to be a children's nurse.
    Will you apply again next year??

ya i really want to become a peds nurse so i will apply next year and also to edinburgh but edinburgh will be my last option. i did ID nursing in college which to be honest i really regret doing, don't get me wrong the course was fantastic but it is quite limiting. i am working with two children with tracheotomy' is situ. on ventilators etc. at the moment and am loving it so i am already working in peds just need that qualification!! :) i was very lucky to get this job in the first place, everybody else in my course could only get jobs part time in nursing homes.
    That's great, i heard Crumlin was quite tough alright. a nurse i work with applied twice and did not get it this year or last and found the interviews very tough, she would have travelled a lot and took a lot of career breaks in between for a few months here and there and they seem to frown upon that she said which i guess is some what understandable.
    i really hope i get it next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mundana

Hi girls...im going into second year ID nursing in limerick but I would love to do the post grad in childrens nursing when i qualify. Is it full time or can u wrk when u are doing it. Im also a mammy and a wife and living in tipperary so it would mean a daily commute...do you think its possible or am i in dreamland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Hi all! Have an interview tomorrow for my children's nursing... Any last minute tips? I am so nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 1 connoll8

Hi all! Have an interview tomorrow for my children's nursing... Any last minute tips? I am so nervous

Just wondering how you got on with your interview? I'm guessing it was trinity.. I had mine the same day! Wish I'd saw this before now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

connoll8 wrote: »
    Just wondering how you got on with your interview? I'm guessing it was trinity.. I had mine the same day! Wish I'd saw this before now!

Got accepted 😠don't know how didn't think I did too well at the interview but I'm in now! How did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nurse c2016

Hi all I know this is an old post but was wondering did anyone get a place today or has anyone that was on the reserved list in previous years gained a place at a later date . I would love a place but unfortunately on the reserve list so not holding out much hope .
    The fact that you are paid are they reluctant to give places to nurses whom are longer qualified ? I'm working as a cnm1 currently and a number of friends in the same position were also unsuccessful , so I'm wondering does anyone know if you are longer qualified is it harder to get a place . any advice would be great than you

• Advertisement
Advertisement