Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I still get the points I need?

Options
  • 02-05-2014 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi guys, LC this year and getting very worried I wont get the points I need as I feel I just have not been doing enough... Anyway I got 385 in my mocks. I do: HL English, Biology, Chemistry, History, French and Business (only took up business at the start of this year) and OL Maths and Irish. I didn't take a mock in Business because I felt I hadn't gotten through enough of the course to sit it so the 385 I got was from 5 HL and 1 OL. My first choice was 500 points last year while my second was 445. I would be happy doing either of these but there is literally no other course I want to do so I'm kinda screwed if I don't get the points for one of these two. Also my second choice has being rising steadily in points the last few years so I reckon I'd need 475 to be safe. I'm aiming for the 500 and think I'm capable of an A2 in English, B1s in Biology, History, French and Chem and a C1 in Business which would make up the 500. At minimum I would need to be getting a B1 in English, B1 in History, B2s in Bio, Chem and French and a C2 in Business for 475. I'm well capable of these results and probably more if I had put more work in all year but the problem is I haven't! I started well and then after Christmas I kinda slumped. Started putting effort in again before the mocks (mid February) and managed 385, then just did next to nothing again until Easter where I put in a handy bitta work. Last few days I kinda started panicking when I realised we have just over a month left! So what do you guys think? Do I still have time to put in enough study to get my 500 points, or even just the 475? How many hours would I need to put in per day(school nights and study days)? And finally what would be the best method of studying at this stage? I reckon just doing past exam papers, correcting them and then learning the answers off would be best? Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Do I still have time to put in enough study to get my 500 points, or even just the 475? How many hours would I need to put in per day(school nights and study days)? And finally what would be the best method of studying at this stage? I reckon just doing past exam papers, correcting them and then learning the answers off would be best? Thanks guys

Yeah probably maybe. It kinda depends on the person you are and how well you can absorb the information and understand it. I mean you prob need to get up 100 points from your mock which isn't bad its not like impossible. And mocks are usually harder correction wise etc + you didn't have courses fully done etc..so Put in the effort honestly depends on yourself. I would say doing exam papers is probably your best bet at this stage. And i mean don't think too much about it just make this month your best month. study hours? again depends on yourself like right now I'de come home from school have something to eat and study rest of night. weekends id wake up early study till Im drained and relax. I think One last push with as much effort as you can will make all the difference. without draining yourself ofc if you feel drained and exhausted and nothings going in just stop and take a breather. Think about it, give up your life for a month and give it all you can and It's over, probably the most painful exam you'll ever have to do will be over:) if you don't there's a risk you'll have to do it again :( Im more less the same as you i feel i should have done alot more before but no point in pondering on it just think about the future and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beaverfever

Yeah probably maybe. It kinda depends on the person you are and how well you can absorb the information and understand it. I mean you prob need to get up 100 points from your mock which isn't bad its not like impossible. And mocks are usually harder correction wise etc + you didn't have courses fully done etc..so Put in the effort honestly depends on yourself. I would say doing exam papers is probably your best bet at this stage. And i mean don't think too much about it just make this month your best month. study hours? again depends on yourself like right now I'de come home from school have something to eat and study rest of night. weekends id wake up early study till Im drained and relax. I think One last push with as much effort as you can will make all the difference. without draining yourself ofc if you feel drained and exhausted and nothings going in just stop and take a breather. Think about it, give up your life for a month and give it all you can and It's over, probably the most painful exam you'll ever have to do will be over:) if you don't there's a risk you'll have to do it again :( Im more less the same as you i feel i should have done alot more before but no point in pondering on it just think about the future and now.
    Thank you :) Made me feel a bit better! Gonna give it everything now, as you say it's only a month!

Advertisement