Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molson Canadian Beer

Options
  • 02-05-2014 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello folks.

I would like to know your opinion on this new Molson Canadian beer introduced to Ireland, and if it is nice in taste, as I was thinking of purchasing a few in a while on delivery.

Is it nice ? or does it have a bad after-taste. I just don't want to waste money on it if it is bad.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Great stuff, love it, similar to corona buy not as crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

What would you usually drink? i don't think its great.. light like Coors. Not great tasting at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Zed Bank wrote: »
    Great stuff, love it, similar to corona buy not as crisp.

Any idea how much it costs per can or 6 pack ?

What would you usually drink? i don't think its great.. light like Coors. Not great tasting at all..

I usually drink Tuborg. Thanks for your input. I see that it's only 4.0%, not too bad, but I'm not a fan of Coors, so I'll probably just give it a miss this time so. I might purchase 1 can of it when I'm near an off-license next time just to try it out.

Thanks for your opinions regarding this beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It doesn't really taste of anything.. a very bland affair!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's beer for people who don't like beer.

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's beer for people who don't like beer.

Ok, I think it would be safe so, not to bother with it. Just another cheap-ass beer it seems.

I just purchased 12 Tuborg there, but was told they went up in price again, 6 cans of Tuborg for €9 ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

All of the old reliable beers have gone up :(

To be honest I am far from a fussy drinker (much to my detriment!) but the Molsons Canadian really was awful. I was never as glad to be rid of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭the blunder years

It's not horrendous, I find the bottles better than the cans. Also how can you judge a beer and not actually have tasted it, just get a can or a bottle and see if you like it.

It's not horrendous, I find the bottles better than the cans. Also how can you judge a beer and not actually have tasted it, just get a can or a bottle and see if you like it.

I will do. I'll definitely try one tomorrow to see for myself, every palate tastes things differently so I'll at least give it a shot. It can't be any worse than what I had yesterday...Alcoholic Ginger Beer in a bottle, think it was english made beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

its standard fare a slight bit more taste than Bud but less than Heiniken. If its a price based purchase Lidl are doing the fairly decent perlenbacher for 5 euro a si pack ( 500 ml bottles) . Well worth a pop.

its standard fare a slight bit more taste than Bud but less than Heiniken. If its a price based purchase Lidl are doing the fairly decent perlenbacher for 5 euro a si pack ( 500 ml bottles) . Well worth a pop.

That sounds good. I'll pick a six pack of those up as well to try, that's a damn good price, for 500ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hello folks.

I would like to know your opinion on this new Molson Canadian beer introduced to Ireland, and if it is nice in taste, as I was thinking of purchasing a few in a while on delivery.

Is it nice ? or does it have a bad after-taste. I just don't want to waste money on it if it is bad.

Thanks.

Many words come to mind, I think the most succinct description though would be "urine".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,366 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tasted it a few weeks ago when there was a promo in my local. In return for drinking a sample free pint of their pretty ordinary beer they gave me a t-shirt and a bottle opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

coylemj wrote: »
    Tasted it a few weeks ago when there was a promo in my local. In return for drinking a sample free pint of their pretty ordinary beer they gave me a t-shirt and a bottle opener.

I guess they can hardly expect people to accept it based on its (lack of) taste alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its not great to be honest. Very watery, at least the cans are anyway. Its generally cheap though and easy to drink a lot of it. Its a shame really because I had it in Canada a while back before it was on sale here and it was a lot nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

I really like it. Specially from the tap. To me there is a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I found it very watery and tasteless I can't see me ever getting it again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thought it was ****e the time I had it; ****e to the point I couldn't finish a can of it.

There's a market in Ireland for a well branded & marketed light beer imo - you've got so many people going to the gym/trying to look like Geordie Shore types that if you marketed a beer as a low carb/low calorie beer you'd corner a market imo. I'm seeing a lot more people, lads in particular, reaching for bottles of Coors Light on nights out, however misguided that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Feck. Things are bad when a beer has to be described in terms of quantity rather than quality of taste!

I tried a six pack on special offer when it was released, OP. If you like beer, you won't think much of it. If you like beer-flavoured beverages (you know what I'm talking about!) you'll have no complaints. You'll get a reasonable quantity at a reasonable price. If that thinking informs your choice though, you'd probably be better sticking to the auld Dutch Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dutch Gold has more flavour imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MiloDublin

It doesn't have much character. Once you try German, Belgian or Czech beer you can never go back to the generic brews

Advertisement