Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmokeGreen - any better tasting ecigs out there?

Options
  • 02-05-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

I've been trying these for a while now but they taste revolting. Really sweet and they remind me of inhaling dry ice in a night club years ago!! Tried the menthol thinking they'd be better than tobacco flavour but they're not.

Don't want the hassle of ordering the "vaping kits" (for want of a better phrase!) just yet so can anyone recommend a better tasting reusable e-cig?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Get a proper cig that u refill using a bottle. The reusabable ones are a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Thanks for the response but as I said, I'd prefer to hear if there's a better "tasting" ecig out there before going that route.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

TBH most of the ones that look like a cigarette would tend to give off a similar taste. The tobacco flavours don't seem to work with the sponge carto setup in my eyes. Maybe try Smokegreen's coffee flavour if you don't want to go down the big battery + tank route?

P_1 wrote: »
    TBH most of the ones that look like a cigarette would tend to give off a similar taste. The tobacco flavours don't seem to work with the sponge carto setup in my eyes. Maybe try Smokegreen's coffee flavour if you don't want to go down the big battery + tank route?

Thanks P_1, will definitely give the coffee flavour a try tomorrow.

Anyone any thoughts on the VIP ecigs? Haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet but willing to give them a go.

Have noticed some kits with coloured liquids on sale in newsagents behind the counter. Any opinions on these?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Pflano wrote: »

Anyone any thoughts on the VIP ecigs? Haven't seen them on sale anywhere yet but willing to give them a go.

Have noticed some kits with coloured liquids on sale in newsagents behind the counter. Any opinions on these?

Thanks.

It's been a while since I've used a Smokegreen or VIP one but from memory the VIP tobacco flavour tasted a bit better then the Smokegreen one.

Personally I find the liquid kits are a lot better than the carto kits. The battery lasts longer and it works out cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

The rechargable, better ones are good as you can buy a few flavours cheap and try them out. The disposables use similar tobacco flavours and the cotton woll adds to the horrible flavour IMHO.

There's no way of knowing what YOU find to be a 'better taste' but in my limited experience the cheapo disposables taste horrible. Just horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Thanks.

I started on smokegreen phlano , you know you can open them cartridges and put any liquid you want in, and get many refills before they die ?

Thanks Masonchat - I didn't know that.

Rossfixxxed - I haven't tried the disposable ones and don't plan to now, thanks!

P_1 - are the liquid kits you're referring to the ones I see behind the counter in the newsagents? I'd give them a try if they're any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks Masonchat - I didn't know that.

Rossfixxxed - I haven't tried the disposable ones and don't plan to now, thanks!

P_1 - are the liquid kits you're referring to the ones I see behind the counter in the newsagents? I'd give them a try if they're any good.

It sounds like it. Try a proper vaping shop for the best advice. Where are you based?

Based in Swords, Fratton Fred. Are there any vaping shops you know of in north county Dublin? Thanks

• Advertisement

Not sure about where you are, but I believe there's one in Malahide. I'm sure others can advise you though.

Great, thanks! I'm close to Malahide so I'll have a look for that.

Great, thanks! I'm close to Malahide so I'll have a look for that.

Failing that, you have smoke different in Mary street and purple box in temple bar. Both have websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

These guys are in Donabate...

Unit 1,
    Lambay House,
    Main St,
    Donabate,
    Co.Dublin

http://www.bestecig.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

If you want something the same dimensions as a cigarette, try to get something that's 510 threaded. It's the most widely used connection size from the battery to the flavour cart. Then going forward you can, if you find a flavour you like say, just buy blank 510 carts (available everywhere for about €1.50) and fill with the juice. MUCH cheaper, not that much hassle really and still leaving you the option of buying prefilled carts to have when you want.

VIPs are 808 not 510 so you'll be a bit stuck and only able to use what they sell.

Here's a 510 and here and here, all vendors probably have one. You'll need a charger for it aswell. Most seem to sell some sort of prefilled carts aswell if you want.

Then get some blank 510 Boges available everywhere, some juice and fill away.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I'll look into that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi

I've been trying these for a while now but they taste revolting. Really sweet and they remind me of inhaling dry ice in a night club years ago!! Tried the menthol thinking they'd be better than tobacco flavour but they're not.

Don't want the hassle of ordering the "vaping kits" (for want of a better phrase!) just yet so can anyone recommend a better tasting reusable e-cig?

Thanks in advance!

I've been on smoke green for 8 months, I find them great, but now and again you get a bad tip/taste, so I just dump it and fit a new one.

Now and again I get a tip that only lasts 2 hours, but generaly I find them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

There's a little petrol station in South Tipperary not too far from the Tipperary border and they've got a "Starter Kit" 650mAh battery with a CE4 clearo and a USB charging lead (no plug, mind) and it's on sale in there for €19.99:eek: That's just a single btw. And they carry the Liqua 10ml range as well. Not sure of the price of the juice though.

Although it's VERY expensive for what it is, I'd suggest going this route if you wanted to change your current setup. Those cigalike things are never going to be any good and only a proper reusable as opposed to a disposable will go a ways to getting people off the fags for good.

Advertisement