Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage problem

Options
  • 01-05-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey everyone..So I'm 16...and I know this word is overused and many people say it for attention, but I'm depressed. I'm not smart, I'm not pretty, I'm not uber thin, the only guy i fell for is now dating my (ex) best friends, I don't really have friends, I get nervous talking to people - anxiety. My mom isn't the type I can talk to either, so I don't know what I can do. I don't want to talk to my mom about my inner thoughts either...She's not the type of person I'd go to if I had a problem, if you get me. I'm always crying on my own during school hours - not in front of people, I excuse myself to the bathroom before. Then I put make up on to cover up my tear stained face, so nobody knows. Everyone thinks I have it all - a healthy 'loving' family, I guess I'm sort of well off and I'm in boarding school. Nobody knows how much I just want to stay in my bed all day and just cry. I don't want to die though - that would be pointless. I mean, I don't want to hurt my family, we're not that close but I would think they'd be a bit upset if I were to commit suicide...I don't know what I want to do..I don't have anybody to talk to...so yeah...ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Hi Itsthat - Teenage years were a long while ago for me - but I don't miss them one bit. People say "best years of your life" and other $hite but I think they are the most confusing and difficult times we all go through. No one particularly at 16 thinks they're attractive - the truth is though most people are to someone you just have to meet the right person.

I have no great piece of advice other than give it time.

Incidentally its no biggy but you posted in Bereavement - you'll get more replies in other sections

I wish you all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ok first suicide is not an answer.
    Please please don't do that and if you feel it's a possibility then ring your gp your aunt a friends mom anyone. But please do not think suicide is an option.

You know I would not go back to being 16 for anyone or any amount of money.

But it does pass. Time passes and you will get older and life will begin to make sense. I'm not saying it's easy but it will happen.

Is there a guidance counsellor at school you could speak to?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

Sorry to hear you feel that way. Is there anyone in the school you can talk to? Guidance counsellor or chaplain? Maybe talking your problems out face to face with someone is what you need. A shoulder to cry on so to speak. Life is tough at times. Buy you are young and you don't know what amazing things are around the corner. Head up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP we've merged your two threads.
    Please take a look at some of the resources on our charter - there are a few groups there ready to take a call from you right now if you need to talk to someone.

Would strongly recommend though you go and talk to your GP and let them know exactly how low you've been feeling, basically share this with someone you trust who is in a position to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry OP - just brought to my attention that this is the 4th thread you have started on this in two days. Per the advice yesterday please don't open the same thread more than once - it is viewed as spamming and regularly results in ALL threads being closed. I won't do that at this time though, please limit yourself to the thread still open in RI but please take heed of the suggestions above as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement