Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet search

Options
  • 01-05-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

I'll be finishing college in less than a month's time and I want to buy myself a tablet.

Budget is about €200, but will stretch it to €250 for something good. Want a nice big screen, so 10 inch. Don't plan on playing any big 3D games on it. Just want something that will play videos offline and online, browsing etc etc, but without lag of course.

Have been considering a Chinese tablet, a la the Chinese phone thread; but my gut feeling for a tablet through that route is one of possible big disappointment.

I'll be in the Netherlands for all of June so will probably buy one/ have one shipped to there, which opens more possibilities.

One big question I have; is 1GB of RAM enough?

So any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

pajor wrote: »
    I'll be finishing college in less than a month's time and I want to buy myself a tablet.

Budget is about €200, but will stretch it to €250 for something good. Want a nice big screen, so 10 inch. Don't plan on playing any big 3D games on it. Just want something that will play videos offline and online, browsing etc etc, but without lag of course.

Have been considering a Chinese tablet, a la the Chinese phone thread; but my gut feeling for a tablet through that route is one of possible big disappointment.

I'll be in the Netherlands for all of June so will probably buy one/ have one shipped to there, which opens more possibilities.

One big question I have; is 1GB of RAM enough?

So any suggestions? :)

If you could stretch your budget to about 280 euro, you could get the nexus 10.top class tablet that wont disappoint you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

If you could stretch your budget to about 280 euro, you could get the nexus 10.top class tablet that wont disappoint you.

£261 off amazon. Bit too rich for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Try the lenovo yoga 10. Brilliant. Amazing battery. Not a 2 way camera if that's your thing. But be quick, spec is changing on it with increased ram and res so the price will too.

dedaw wrote: »
    Try the lenovo yoga 10. Brilliant. Amazing battery. Not a 2 way camera if that's your thing. But be quick, spec is changing on it with increased ram and res so the price will too.

Was just reading a big review of it, looks pretty good alright.

Shameless bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Price has gone up a bit. You may need to research a bit before buying. The specs look good for the price.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057188282

If you scale down to 7 inch the go for Nexus 7. Top class tablet for the price.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Price has gone up a bit. You may need to research a bit before buying. The specs look good for the price.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057188282

If you scale down to 7 inch the go for Nexus 7. Top class tablet for the price.

Thanks, but I don't want to have to use Parcel Motel. Looks good though. :(

Assuming the code is still working the Nexus 10 is £220 from Expansys with code 15GONEXUS10.

Assuming the code is still working the Nexus 10 is £220 from Expansys with code 15GONEXUS10.

Still comes out as €284 though.

I'm stretching my budget at €250. I think I'm being over optimistic.

£220 is ~ €267 I believe.

If you can't stretch a second hand or refurbished Nexus 10 might be a good choice.

• Advertisement

£220 is ~ €267 I believe.

If you can't stretch a second hand or refurbished Nexus 10 might be a good choice.

And £6.99 postage on top of that. I used the exchange rate that I know Visa will give me. Better than the paypal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

I bought a Asus memo pad HD7 for €149.00 in pc world and I honestly can't fault it screen on it is brilliant and the battery life is superb.They do a couple of 10 inch ones for around what you want to spend aswell.

I bought a Asus memo pad HD7 for €149.00 in pc world and I honestly can't fault it screen on it is brilliant and the battery life is superb.They do a couple of 10 inch ones for around what you want to spend aswell.

Still don't know whether to go for one like the Asus or the Acer A3, or a (supposedly) higher high spec Chinese brand for the same price. :confused:

Advertisement