Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC WS8/12 Panel Question

Options
  • 01-05-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭

Friends new house has the above panel - Securewatch HKC WS8/12.

No panel comms on keypad - just a blinking red light on the panel. One Keypad is attached (no jumper in the keypad).

Tried reset of panel without battery (with and without reset jumper) - just the flashing red light - can any error be determined from the speed or whatever or does it always blink same?

Is the panel dead or is there some trick to this panel that can be tried to get the panel to boot would anyone know?

If the panel is dead - could anyone give us pointers to best place to get a replacement board - user or new. Thanks.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try take the keypad down & wire it directly to the panel on a short length of cable. The fact that the LED is flashing is a good sign,it may be the cable or a bad connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

KoolKid wrote: »
    The fact that the LED is flashing is a good sign,it may be the cable or a bad connection.

:) thanks for the info that the LED flashing is good - gave us hope to keep trying and we got it working.

Had to default the memory in the process though - It very like the Aritechs I am familiar with - but would anyone have any links to the Installer manual for this panel please? I can only find the user manuals.
    Thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

ozmo wrote: »
    :) thanks for the info that the LED flashing is good - gave us hope to keep trying and we got it working.

Had to default the memory in the process though - It very like the Aritechs I am familiar with - but would anyone have any links to the Installer manual for this panel please? I can only find the user manuals.
    Thanks.

Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

brilliant thanks :D

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

ozmo wrote: »
    brilliant thanks :D

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement