Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck on a maths question..

Options
  • 01-05-2014 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Please can someone help me with this question!

I'm currently doing the SEC Set C sample paper 2 and I am stuck on Q3 part (c).

It's really annoying me :mad: Roll on the days I never have to do maths like this again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

From part (ii) you should have gotten the equation [latex] 4x + 3y - 25k + 5 = 0 [/latex]
    So to find the value of [latex] k [/latex] you just have to sub the point [latex] (3,11) [/latex] into the equation and solve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Sorry I forgot to say it is OL

• Registered Users Posts: 3 krekshi

If its the question asking to show that ABCD is parallelogram
    You can answer it in two ways you should have mentioned in (b)

1st way is to show that two opposite side of the quadrelateral are parallel by showing they have equal slopes

2nd way is to show that midpoint of AC is equal to midpoint of BD therefore the diagonals bisect each other and it is a paralello gram

if its not that question please link me the paper or tell me where i can get it and I will answer it for you

Advertisement