Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should I wait to text her again?

Options
  • 01-05-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So I have this major crush on a girl who works in the ice-cream shop. I went there 4 times. Last night I fortunately saw her in a club. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to talk to her because I was absolutely dying to do that. I introduced myself to her and much to my surprise she told me the exact number of times she has served me ice-cream. I took it as a good sign that she remembers how many times I have been there considering how many customers she sees daily. Anyway we had a good chat and she was really nice to me. I told her that I would like to see her again and she gave me her number. I kissed her on her cheek and left because I had work in the morning. I called her in the evening. She didn't pick up. I assumed that she must be at work. So I left her a nice little text and asked her to get back to me when she gets time. Its been hours and I haven't heard back from her. For whatever reason. So my question is how long should I wait to text her again? Should I go and see her at the ice-cream shop and ask if she would like to hang out once her shift is over? This is not the first time this has happened with me. Normally I dont text girls again at all if I dont hear back from them. But with this girl , I do not want to leave it just like that. I do like her and she is exactly my type. The way she looks, the way she talks, after ages I have met someone like that. I just have to get her to go out with me once. Because I have confidence in myself and I know she will also like me if she goes out with me once. So what should be my next step? I am more interested to know a woman's point of view.

Thanking in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

khan1 wrote:
    It's been hours...
    Longer than that.

Relax. You've rang her and texted her. She'll get back to you when she has the time, like you suggested. Take a deep breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Do not text her again! Wait for her to reply to your first text

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Wooooooooooooah. Relax here pal.

You don't want to seem too eager here and scare this girl away. She'll come back to you if she's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

At least 24 hours, longer if you can manage it. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yes I agree with others here you need to relax and wait. You've rang her and text her and now you want to text her again or call into her work?! No no no!! Major turn off!! She hasn't responded which could be for a variety of reasons; chill the beans and don't contact her again until she replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG you really need to cool the jets. Seriously. You've texted her and you've posted because it has been a number of hours since you sent it? Don't you think that's a little intense and over eager? I am sure that she knows quite well that you are keen so consequently you need to give her a few days to respond to you.

Also, all this talk of she needs to go out with you just once? For what? At the speed with which you're handling this I'm imagining you thinking a declaration of undying love.

Relax. You've exchanged numbers. You seemed to get on. Don't go hounding her with texts or suddenly developing an addiction to ice cream. If she wants to go out with you she will text you back. If you haven't heard from her in a week pop into the shop and ask her out then but if she says no or is evasive with you I would then leave it. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG you really need to cool the jets. Seriously. You've texted her and you've posted because it has been a number of hours since you sent it? Don't you think that's a little intense and over eager? I am sure that she knows quite well that you are keen so consequently you need to give her a few days to respond to you.

Also, all this talk of she needs to go out with you just once? For what? At the speed with which you're handling this I'm imagining you thinking a declaration of undying love.

Relax. You've exchanged numbers. You seemed to get on. Don't go hounding her with texts or suddenly developing an addiction to ice cream. If she wants to go out with you she will text you back. If you haven't heard from her in a week pop into the shop and ask her out then but if she says no or is evasive with you I would then leave it. Relax.

hahaha no, I am not planning to declare my undying love for her. I just meant that if she agrees to go out with me once and spend time with me, she will like me.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I just have to take a chill pill and forget about it.

Advertisement