Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants grants grants!

Options
  • 30-04-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just got a letter out today from SUSI regarding the upcoming opening of the grant application!
    I'd like to be as best prepared as possible, so just wondering if anybody could give me a list of the required legal documents (eg: P21, ESB bill etc).
    Appreciate it all folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andmc

Just got a letter out today from SUSI regarding the upcoming opening of the grant application!
    I'd like to be as best prepared as possible, so just wondering if anybody could give me a list of the required legal documents (eg: P21, ESB bill etc).
    Appreciate it all folks!

Basically all income details and number of dependent children your parents have.

So all income documents for parents at home from 2013. P60, P21, Allowances, Bonuses. Everything.
    If you worked part time yourself in 2013 same applies.
    Income threshold will be higher for those with more dependant children than say if you're an only child.

Hope this helps and that you get your desired course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Look up the application guidance notes from last year on the susi website, they basically list everything they can ask you for.
    http://www.susi.ie/QuickLinks/Guidance-Notes-for-2013-2014-Applications.aspx

But what I did notice on the notes was for a lot of the sections you are just filling in information on the initial application and then they return to you with a list of the documents they want and you send them on only on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

Look up the application guidance notes from last year on the susi website, they basically list everything they can ask you for.

But what I did notice on the notes was for a lot of the sections you are just filling in information on the initial application and then they return to you with a list of the documents they want and you send them on only on request.

how do I get one of these applications or are they available online at the time? Thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

andmc wrote: »
    Basically all income details and number of dependent children your parents have.

So all income documents for parents at home from 2013. P60, P21, Allowances, Bonuses. Everything.
    If you worked part time yourself in 2013 same applies.
    Income threshold will be higher for those with more dependant children than say if you're an only child.

Hope this helps and that you get your desired course.

My mother runs a b&b so tax forms are pretty much non-existent although she is trying to get some tomorrow! And my parents are divorced so that's him out. It seems to be just this tax form, and then that's it? Surely that can't be as simple as it seems? Thanks v much for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

My mother runs a b&b so tax forms are pretty much non-existent although she is trying to get some tomorrow! And my parents are divorced so that's him out. It seems to be just this tax form, and then that's it? Surely that can't be as simple as it seems? Thanks v much for the reply!

If your mother is running a B&B then she is self employed and does her own tax returns (or has an accountant to do them for her). She will have a balancing statement somewhere. Everyone that earns money through some form of employment pays tax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement