Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely, lost, pregnant and spd

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I've never wrote one these before but came across the forum when googling.
    I am feeling so lonely and lost.
    I got pregnant last July and ended up getting spd( was not diagnosed till last month) I lost the baby then. My boyfriend was great. Girl could not of felt anymore loved. He held my hand as I was in hospital a lot after the miscarriage.
    We decided try again for a baby. I got pregnant but ended up in wheelchair and I cannot leave the house by myself and constant agonising pain.
    But my bf changed. He's moody doesn't want touch me. He went from been so inventive there for me someone who I can talk to to someone I feel I need hide the pain from and him not wanting to around me.
    No one visits me or call only odd Facebook message. It's horrible as I really wanted this baby but all I want is it out. I wouldn't stand for this treatment if I was well. I'd huge circle of friends and used be of the whole time on my own. Now it's either my sitting room or bedroom.
    We broke up for a weekend but the Sunday he seemed so sorry and and genuinely upset. It took me a week but agreed give it another go but as soon as I did was back to the same. I know maybe Lean to much on him in past so since we got back I hide the pain and try do stuff on my own. I've a older son not his who he used walk to school I do that now but 10 min walk takes me a hour and today fell to the ground.
    I don't no what to do. I know it's most probably over but don't want do single parent thing again and feels like I've lost everything since got pregnant, can't even go shop for milk on my own

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs*
    pregnancy is hard even when you can leave the house.
    Have you spoken to your gp about depression?
    Have you invited any friends over for tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Worn_out_mammy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    *hugs*
    pregnancy is hard even when you can leave the house.
    Have you spoken to your gp about depression?
    Have you invited any friends over for tea?

Yeah tried get friends to meet up. It used be fine if met them in town or pub but I can't get in and out on my own.
    Can only get to gp if my bf brings me. He comes in with me so can't really talk. Asked him last time wait outside but he came in so I can't really talk. Also only gp I can see is a forgein girl who can't really understand English so hard to talk to as all other doctors are downstairs and I can't get to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

How far gone are you worn_out_mammy? Sounds like you're going through an awful time, you poor thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Awww you poor thing. You sound in an awful old pickle so am sending you hugs.

Everything is going to be alright and I think the first thing you need to do is contact your midwife or medical practice and arrange a home visit (when your partner is not there). You are more or less incapacitated and any medical professional worth their salt will understand this and accommodate you.

Where are you based if you don't mind my asking? Have you got any family nearby?

Also, you seem to have had a wide circle of friends. People can make assumptions and perhaps some friends just think you're wrapped up in your pregnancy without realizing the extent of your loneliness. For that reason you need to reach out to one or two trusted friends and tell them what is going on and how difficult things are.

Your first port of call m'dear is being seen by a medical professional as a matter of priority who can address how you feel both mentally and physically.

You will be ok I promise xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

I am sending my love to you, I hope you feel better soon, maybe he is up set because its hurting him, what your going through and he can't do any thing to help ease your pain, may be sit him down talk to him just be open and let him know that your feeling lonely as for your friends if your really get on great with them let them know how you feel and it will okay soon.

• Advertisement

Lucuma wrote: »
    How far gone are you worn_out_mammy? Sounds like you're going through an awful time, you poor thing :(

Sorry for the delay I couldn't log in. I couldn't access me email. Thank you. I am nearly 6 months :)

Merkin wrote: »
    Awww you poor thing. You sound in an awful old pickle so am sending you hugs.

Everything is going to be alright and I think the first thing you need to do is contact your midwife or medical practice and arrange a home visit (when your partner is not there). You are more or less incapacitated and any medical professional worth their salt will understand this and accommodate you.

Where are you based if you don't mind my asking? Have you got any family nearby?

Also, you seem to have had a wide circle of friends. People can make assumptions and perhaps some friends just think you're wrapped up in your pregnancy without realizing the extent of your loneliness. For that reason you need to reach out to one or two trusted friends and tell them what is going on and how difficult things are.

Your first port of call m'dear is being seen by a medical professional as a matter of priority who can address how you feel both mentally and physically.

You will be ok I promise xx

Sorry for the delay I couldn't log in. I couldn't access me email. Thank you.
    I tried again see my doctor on my own. It didn't work out.
    No I have no family. Just a child. I chatted few friends they contact me more on Facebook now.
    I hope so. As right now all I want run as far away as possible.
    I'm trying stuck it out with him but I know if I wasn't pregnant id of been gone. Never been a burden to anyone before.
    Thank you

I am sending my love to you, I hope you feel better soon, maybe he is up set because its hurting him, what your going through and he can't do any thing to help ease your pain, may be sit him down talk to him just be open and let him know that your feeling lonely as for your friends if your really get on great with them let them know how you feel and it will okay soon.

Sorry for the delay I couldn't log in. I couldn't access me email. I did that few times. He just says how I used have friends and where are they all gone.
    But he's recently told me I was in bed for four months and how he won't do it again. Over four months I would be in bed a bit but I couldn't get out if it about once a week till late. I usually have one very bad day. I still cooked,cleaned and washed clothes.
    I was threaten to be assaulted while out in my chair the other day and got so scared for the day. I cried. I know I shouldn't of but was scared all day. He wouldn't sit me, touch me or even hug me. He went his friends every night drinking. Then basically told me I'm a burden and shouldn't be scared.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Don't forget anytime you are feeling upset/distressed you can ring the Samaritans www.dublinsamaritans.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Sorry for the delay I couldn't log in. I couldn't access me email. I did that few times. He just says how I used have friends and where are they all gone.
    But he's recently told me I was in bed for four months and how he won't do it again. Over four months I would be in bed a bit but I couldn't get out if it about once a week till late. I usually have one very bad day. I still cooked,cleaned and washed clothes.
    I was threaten to be assaulted while out in my chair the other day and got so scared for the day. I cried. I know I shouldn't of but was scared all day. He wouldn't sit me, touch me or even hug me. He went his friends every night drinking. Then basically told me I'm a burden and shouldn't be scared.
    Thank you

Who threatened to assault you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

This is quite sad, I hope you are ok. Be sure to talk to someone directly about how you feel as they may not be aware.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Who threatened to assault you?

A junkie from where I live.
    Gaurds won't press charges.
    I have Made up my mind. I think a partner should be there I could be wrong but think support or help you when your scared not say your a burden and go drinking every night till you pretend be happy again. I am going leaving this week. Won't be pregnant forever and be back walking then hopefully :)

Advertisement