Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a first Camera

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I am interested in photography and am looking to buy a good, middle-of-the-road digital camera. I am overwhelmed about how to start researching this and wondered if anyone knew of any good brands/makes/models/places to buy that were quality but also not too expensive.

Thank you, any recommendations or suggestions pertaining to this would be much appreciated!!

~mcsquared

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So many options + what your budget is and what you really want to do with it ...

have a look here :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056573227

• Registered Users Posts: 4 photoclub

First you need to think of what characteristics will be important for what you want to do with your new camera.

- Do you want to travel, take pictures outdoors? Then pay attention to the weight of the camera.
    - Do you want to use the camera for sports photography, children or other forms of photography in motion? Make sure that the camera has a fast shutter and speedy focusing.
    - Or are you after studio photography or other quiet or indoor objects? Then beware of the flash connectors.
    - Do you want to use the camera privately or do you want to sell your pictures. Do you want to invest more in future, expanding your reach with interchangeable lenses ...?

More important is the quality of the lenses and I recommend using brands like Carl Zeiss, Fuji, Leica, Nikon, Olympus, Ricoh, Schneider Kreuznach, Tamron...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

One bit of advice for you; I bought a beginner DSLR a few years ago and it's amazing, still the most limiting factor is the skill of the user. The one thing about it is that I keep wishing I had a camera I could fit in my pocket because sometimes it's a pain to take out and about and it ends up getting left in the house.

Advertisement