Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easily Washable Hair Clay/Wax

Options
  • 30-04-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

So I usually let my hair grow for 3 months before getting it cut, and even then I just get it cut with a scissors. But anyway when I get it cut I usually use wax or clay everyday for 5 or 6 weeks till it becomes long-ish again, to which I just wet it in the morning, brush it and let it dry out.

I have a great hair-clay I use at the weekends which I wear when heading out, it doesn't give an overly looking wet-look and lasts ages and keeps the hair in perfect shape.

However, it's too hard to wash out, even in the shower it takes 2 washes to get out properly. So I wouldn't use this during the week.

The one I do use during the week is Lynx wax (the purple one), shockingly greasy but it washes out grand with a splash of water.

Is there any other clay/wax/other products I can use during the week that will wash out easily but not make me look like a greasy monkey and have a wet-look to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

chops018 wrote: »
    So I usually let my hair grow for 3 months before getting it cut, and even then I just get it cut with a scissors. But anyway when I get it cut I usually use wax or clay everyday for 5 or 6 weeks till it becomes long-ish again, to which I just wet it in the morning, brush it and let it dry out.

I have a great hair-clay I use at the weekends which I wear when heading out, it doesn't give an overly looking wet-look and lasts ages and keeps the hair in perfect shape.

However, it's too hard to wash out, even in the shower it takes 2 washes to get out properly. So I wouldn't use this during the week.

The one I do use during the week is Lynx wax (the purple one), shockingly greasy but it washes out grand with a splash of water.

Is there any other clay/wax/other products I can use during the week that will wash out easily but not make me look like a greasy monkey and have a wet-look to it?

Try Layrite. Its pricey enough at €15 but you only need a small amount at a time so the pot will last a good while. It washes out easily and there is a nice shine to it. www.truebarberproducts.com have it or have a look at their list of stockists.

*Disclaimer* I am not Paul Galvin or have any affiliation to him or Truebarber Products!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Vo5 products wash out fairly easily, though, they don't have much hold, so you'll need hairspray, but any cheap hairspray should do. A trick I've noticed is, if you use conditioner in addition to shampoo, any product will wash out. I can even wash out red dax with conditioner and my hair will be soft as if there was nothing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Would you try oils OP ?

If so I'd highly recommend Argan oils. It takes the dry frizzy look out of your hair,works as good as hair gel or any wax and it doesn't leave your head feeling like a rock, plus you won't have to wash it out every day.

Advertisement