Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown & Main Event 29-04-14 *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 30-04-2014 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Pre-Main Event Dark Match:

1: Santino defeated Brodus Clay. Emma distracted Clay and Santino hit the Cobra.

Main Event Live

1: Goldust beats Alberto Del Rio. Renee Young (sitting 2 feet away is insanely gorgeous) interviewed with a Brotherhood split teased.

2: Paige beats Alicia Fox with a sick double underhook DDT. Tamina stares Paige down on the ramp.

3: Bad News Barrett defeats Kofi with elbow in a fairly quick but fun match. BNB getting a lot of fan support.

4: Bray Wyatt versus Sheamus. Bray is ridiculously over. Singing, clapping to his theme, and getting a lot of cheers in a typically "Only Cheer Cena" venue. Great back and forth match with the majority of the crowd behind Sheamus. Lots of fun near falls. Bray hits Sister Abigail after the distraction. Wyatts beat down Sheamus until Usos make the save to a huge pop.

Here at the Kansas City taping, sitting front row behind the announce table. Good atmosphere tonight.

Dark Match

1: Tyson Kidd vs. Bo Dallas. Bo cuts a hilarious and heartfelt promo. Bo wins with the double underhook DDT.

Smackdown begins, for some reason, with a contract signing between Hornswoggle and El Torito. Shenanigans ensue involving a booster seat and El Torito signing with a footprint. Yep. Faces clear out the heels.

1: Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger. Heyman comes out with Cesaro for commentary. Short match. Cesaro causes the distraction and RVD hits the frog splash. Cesaro attacks RVD after the match.

2: Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth. Lana gets her own introduction, does some turns, and I get all tingly. Short, nothing match. Xavier Woods attacks Rusev with no provocation causing the DQ. Woods and Truth attack Rusev as he escapes from the ring.

Daniel Bryan comes out to cut a promo. He tells Kane he started a war when he put his hands on his fine, fine wife. Kane shows up on the TitanTron with an uber close-up. Kane shows highlights of his destructive powers.

3: Wyatt Family vs. Usos & Sheamus in a six-man tag. Sheamus is the face in peril for awhile before tagging in...an Uso. Back and forth leads to Rowan getting the Brogue kick, Bray making the blind tag, and hitting Sister Abigail for the win. Usos stay a brawl after the match...which doesn't end well for them.

Rusev demands a rematch according to Lillian.

4: Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow as Magneto. Yes, he's back with huge, purple underwear. Sandow gets tangled in his cape and Dolph hits the Zig Zag.

5: Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth: The Rematch!! Pretty much ends the same as the first. Rusev gets attacked by Woods for the DQ. Lana leaves us again. The end.

6: Big E vs. Titus O'Neill. Titus throws Big E all over the announce table. Titus gets disqualified for not breaking the count. Big E is pissed and DESTROYS Titus and ****s up the announce table. Cole legitimately sends pissed about this as we hear him taking to the crew.

They show the Kansas City CHIEFS on the Tron.

7: Dean Ambrose vs. Ryback vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Curtis Axel for the US Title. Fatal Fourway for the United States Championship. Dean gets a great face reaction. The heels gang up on Dean for awhile. And then fight each other. Each man takes turn dominating. Dean gets laid out on the outside. Ryback nearly gets the win before Axel screws him. Dean gets the roll up win and the heels attack. Rollins and Reigns storm out to kill everyone and stand tall to end the show.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/321185

I was surprised by Paige's underhook DDT . Sheamus vs Bray was a good match. Have to say, Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton are pretty decent at commentary.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I was surprised by Paige's underhook DDT .

Cradle DDT, brah:

8ZS4WVj.gif

Was fully expecting Ambrose to lose the US belt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guessing the Rusev vs Truth match was a retake cause something went bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I thought Bray and Sheamus had a very good match.

WWE are doing the right thing putting Bray in singles matches on Main Event. He'll benefit a lot from working with someone like Sheamus.

I wonder if they plan to make the US title relevant again, not holding my breath there mind.

Paige vs Fox definitely is a departure from the standard Divas match going by the clipped Youtube version.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,950 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That Rusev Woods thing is so embarassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Paige vs Fox still had the obligatory hair pulling and squealing. They started off with the Finlay collar and elbow spot where they go outside the ring which was cool. Paige looked to be wearing Doc Martens which must be a WWE first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Was fully expecting Ambrose to lose the US belt.

Missed this earlier.
    I wasn't. The whole handicap thing meant he had to be pinned to lose it, meaning there was always going to go down the Rybaxel route they did. It's weird, I felt the stipulation actually favoured him in a way; if it has been a fatal four way, he would have lost his champions advantage, but the match booked meant the story could be built around dissension in his opponents, allowing him to sneak a win.

344 days now. Not far off the full year....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

^^^Epic^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Is it wrong I enjoyed that and am more excited for that match than the main event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What will they have to grab at the top of the ladder? And how high will it be?

Paige has really helped the divas division. There was a time that youtube clip was about the length of an average divas match. She's also helped show there are other divas that can have a decent match but just weren't given the chance.

Had to laugh at Titus tripping on the camera wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Why is this match on pre-show? this match has more hype/buildup than most of the matches on the card, i think it deserves to be on the main show. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Uneventful show as per usual though the four-way and six-man was OK. Big E 5 count finish is stupid.

Advertisement