Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend personal trainer that can assess muscle tone

Options
  • 29-04-2014 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

It's actually for a child,it's been recommended that we start physical exercise and get them assessed and given exercises/training plan by a trainer rather than OT. We can travel,i'm not sure if a gym would let a child in but if they would then that would be fine too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Most gyms are 16+, however some hold gym sessions for kids supervised. I don't know of any specifically that do this but if you enquire you should be put in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proform-personal-training/195020557346959?fref=ts

I used to go to college with Ian, Give him a ring to see if he can help he uses UL Gym but I think if you are in with a personal trainer they disregard the age limits are they are on one-to-one supervision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

angelll wrote: »
    It's actually for a child,it's been recommended that we start physical exercise and get them assessed and given exercises/training plan by a trainer rather than OT. We can travel,i'm not sure if a gym would let a child in but if they would then that would be fine too.
    \

See a chartered physiotherapist or ask your gp for advice on finding a person who deals with paediatric cases. Most personal trainers qualifications will not stretch that far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tri fit run tri teens fitness classes

Advertisement