Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good carto tank

Options
  • 29-04-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I want to get back into carto's haven't used them in a while, my AGR needs replacing and I was wondering if anything better than the AGR had come come out in the last while? Or is the AGR still where it's at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Unfortunately the AGR 2 was a leak pile of poo. :( Great idea but just did not work.

Apart from the usual overpriced glass tanks that are floating around. I dont have a clue really.
    I am still using a cheapo €7 plastic smoktech that i have had for ever and have never had an issue with. Also the AGR.
    Sadly the focus has shifted totally from cartos to rebuildables and horrible clearos so not much movement on the carto tank front. Although if I am wrong i would love to be enlightened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Unfortunately the AGR 2 was a leak pile of poo. :( Great idea but just did not work.

Apart from the usual overpriced glass tanks that are floating around. I dont have a clue really.
    I am still using a cheapo €7 plastic smoktech that i have had for ever and have never had an issue with. Also the AGR.
    Sadly the focus has shifted totally from cartos to rebuildables and horrible clearos so not much movement on the carto tank front. Although if I am wrong i would love to be enlightened.

Same as yourself, still have my smoktech lying about somewhere and other than that I can't offer any advice.

Try these threads for some info OP.

Reddit thread

ECF

I didn't know M&P had their own tank, it's highly recommend judging from the comments.

Another reddit thread

I've been using the 30s clearo for a while now and taste is pretty decent, far better than the 30, they're dual coil though. I've been going through way more juice since I started using it.

I've got a kayfun (clone) on the way but I've been thinking about going back to the Boge cartos too for sheer convenience. Let us know how you get on if you find something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I have one UDCT and found it brilliant. Lasted me a almost a month, really! Placing an order for another million v soon, all sizes and colours - that's how great I found them :D (Prozac happy!)

0000266_smoktech-udct.jpeg

UDCT-SMALL-2.jpg

Here are the two sizes they're available in - the smaller will look great on an Ego?Evod sized battery and the larger be great on a mech/vv mod.

I CANT WAIT (bursts with excitement).

They're widely available everywhere, Ireland included - all the usuals - Vaperus, TBS etc

Side Note: The need a FLANGED base - a regular 510 Boge cart won't do it (flanged is where the cart has 'windowsills') :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Samba wrote: »
    Same as yourself, still have my smoktech lying about somewhere and other than that I can't offer any advice.

Try these threads for some info OP.

Reddit thread

ECF

I didn't know M&P had their own tank, it's highly recommend judging from the comments.

Another reddit thread

I've been using the 30s clearo for a while now and taste is pretty decent, far better than the 30, they're dual coil though. I've been going through way more juice since I started using it.

I've got a kayfun (clone) on the way but I've been thinking about going back to the Boge cartos too for sheer convenience. Let us know how you get on if you find something good.

Ah I see the sub on e-smokeireland is from mom & pops, never liked the look of that thing. I was curious about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I have been using the 30s.and find it excellent also the Vivi nova.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've been using the Kamry X8 from thebestshop. Superb piece of kit. Takes the Boge 35mm carto comfortably and its never leaked. I use an IB Tanked as well.

I've got a Kayfun lite clone and it's good, but for the extra weight and its nuances, it's not the "totes amazeballs" device I was expecting and use cartos nearly all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I've been using the Kamry X8 from thebestshop. Superb piece of kit. Takes the Boge 35mm carto comfortably and its never leaked. I use an IB Tanked as well.

I've got a Kayfun lite clone and it's good, but for the extra weight and its nuances, it's not the "totes amazeballs" device I was expecting and use cartos nearly all the time.

Sounds good Fred, I think I'll pick one up, it's bloody cheap as well. I think it's a real pity there is so little happening in this area of vaping, carto's while there is a bit more faffing about with filling for the first time etc. generally are the easiest way of getting a trouble free vape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Sounds good Fred, I think I'll pick one up, it's bloody cheap as well. I think it's a real pity there is so little happening in this area of vaping, carto's while there is a bit more faffing about with filling for the first time etc. generally are the easiest way of getting a trouble free vape.

What would be your idea of a good tank?

They don't look too complicated, I may have a go at making one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

What would be your idea of a good tank?

They don't look too complicated, I may have a go at making one.

A locking ring would be a must, I would want a fill hole that didn't need a needle nose bottle, a bit of nice styling would be good as well, they are all pretty basic in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Locking tanks seem to create much more of a vacuum so the cart rewicks much better in my experience. I didn't have a problem with rewicking until my latest batch of juice, I don't know what's going on. It's probably a higher VG ratio but even big, deep dry hits aren't doing it. I'm constantly having to take the tank off to block the air.

Those Smoketech (not Smoktek ;)) tanks above work really well and look great but are a bit shy on juice capacity.

But otherwise the not locking on my Boges doesn't make a difference. I've dropped them, left them in my pocket, throw them around with no leaks/seperation. The drip tips are sort of swollen so the tank can't come over them.

EDIT: I gave into the need for a syringe and now have a 1ml 'junkie works' lying around the house to refill juice. It was depressing to look at at first tbh but it makes filling/priming my carts and tanks 100% better (Over a needle tip bottle aswell as it has a bit more control/accuracy). I've held off taking it in the car for emergencies. So far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

csi vegas wrote: »
    I have one UDCT and found it brilliant. Lasted me a almost a month, really! Placing an order for another million v soon, all sizes and colours - that's how great I found them :D (Prozac happy!)

0000266_smoktech-udct.jpeg

UDCT-SMALL-2.jpg

Here are the two sizes they're available in - the smaller will look great on an Ego?Evod sized battery and the larger be great on a mech/vv mod.

I CANT WAIT (bursts with excitement).

They're widely available everywhere, Ireland included - all the usuals - Vaperus, TBS etc

Side Note: The need a FLANGED base - a regular 510 Boge cart won't do it (flanged is where the cart has 'windowsills') :)
    I'm a bit lost here, what is a "flanged base" I am using a Sophia everyday and a diver along with a killer....dropped a tank yesterday and need a new one....will all of these fit above.....they look great btw :)

Edit....Now I see the flanged base.....will these work without it as the Diver and Sophia look just like the Carto 'crept for the flange.....

Double post....dontcha just love so called rural "broadband" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

A flanged cart has a plate at the bottom to push against the tank so it can't slide up/down

1321645021165-1164752293__05145.1325713037.1180.1180.jpg

For the UDCT tanks you need a straight edge flange like in the picture, some of them are fully round and won't fit.

CSI Vegas; Did you get the Smoktek ones in the picture or Smoketech ones? The Smoketech are fine but have none of the logos/pretty colours above.

Gotcha....so any Carto tank should be fine then....:)

Advertisement