Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone here use the ACCAmail service?

Options
  • 29-04-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

If they are unfortunate enough to use it, have they found it to be one of the worst email providers around or am I just fierce unlucky?

Apart from the fact that it seems to crash on a regular basis, emails wont open, emails wont send and the support team have a standard copy/paste response to every query (clear cookies & cache).

While its a useful service for ACCA to provide, it seems very cheap considering how poor it actually is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Funny, was going to post something similar. I've been using it for over a decade and just used to it.

Support is pathetic and ACCA take no responsibility for it.

The link from the main website hasn't been working properly for days.

When I contacted support saying the link was broken they came back and said you'll get an error message if you enter a wrong password or username. As I've said I've been using it for over 10 years and I couldn't even get that far. There aren't enough :rolleyes:

ACCA should pull it if they don't take ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Its a blast from the past but the following link can get you logged in: http://www2.accaglobal.com/webmail/index4.html

Seen it after I googled to see if there was anyone else was having issues with the site.

The reason I originally posted was because of the link that seemed to break on Weds/Thurs sometime. I was in touch with ACCA Connect who obviously said it was my issue and not theirs as they can access the link perfectly.
    Their advice to me was to clear my cookies as that was generally the problem. Didn't seem to matter that 5 different people on 5 different networks in 5 different towns also couldn't access it.:rolleyes:

If I hear anything productive back from them, I'll post it here but in the meantime, the link above should work on your desktop anyway.

Thanks

I contacted ACCA myself. And I eventually got that web address off them.

But, they originally tried to fob me off as well. They could access it themselves, so everything was fine. Er, no. At the time I'd tried it on 4 different PCs and a phone in two different countries.

I thought I was the only one using ACCAmail (they call it AKAmail, which is a new one on me) as it was down over 24 hours before I contacted them and it was news to them. I wonder if there are many that use it.

ACCA need to take control of it or close it.

I'm after being told by the ACCA twitter guy that the link is working again after having to get in touch with him to sort the issue rather than continue to bang my head against a wall with ACCAConnect.

I'm on my phone all day and it seems to be working for me anyway.

Despite all it's bad press, it's nice that Twitter actually has it's good uses too!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

I'm after being told by the ACCA twitter guy that the link is working again after having to get in touch with him to sort the issue rather than continue to bang my head against a wall with ACCAConnect.

Banging your head against a stone wall is a good way of describing dealings/communications with ACCAConnect. I am amazed that ACCA can justify the manner in which ACCAConnect continues to deal/communicate with their members. For these reasons, I decided it would be a waste of time to avail of the ACCA email service.

• Advertisement

Like a comedy sequel, it seems now that emails from ACCAmail are being bounced back due to the mailserver being blacklisted for sending spam.

I talked to ACCA Connect live chat and they're gonna take 48 hours to look into it.

I also emailed The Spamhaus Project who seem to be the people who blacklisted it and got the following reponse:
    "Hello,

Unfortunately you are sharing a mailserver with one or more spammers,
    and your ISP has not yet resolved the spam issues on the mailserver.
    This is a second SBL in a very short period of time for this mailserver;
    the problem is serious.

Please contact your ISP Mail2World for further assistance.

Sincerely,"

It's actually hilarious how poor the service has become in recent times.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭nekuchi

Out of curiosity, why would you use ACCAmail when there are other more recognised free email service providers out there? Is there some advantage to it?

nekuchi wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why would you use ACCAmail when there are other more recognised free email service providers out there? Is there some advantage to it?
    I started using it years ago when it was first offered so changing from it now would be like changing my phone number; obviously doable but extremely awkward. Looks like that's what will have to happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

It's a terrible service and I can't see any good reason for anyone to continue using it.

I think I set up a forward from it to my gmail, but I haven't actually received mail to it in years. You can also add it to your gmail account (but it says "sent on behalf of xxxx@accamail.com")

tenifan wrote: »
    It's a terrible service and I can't see any good reason for anyone to continue using it.

I think I set up a forward from it to my gmail, but I haven't actually received mail to it in years. You can also add it to your gmail account (but it says "sent on behalf of xxxx@accamail.com")

I'm the same as 2moreminutes - old habits die hard.

How does one set up a redirect to their gmail account?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

smcgiff wrote: »
    I'm the same as 2moreminutes - old habits die hard.

How does one set up a redirect to their gmail account?

log in to acca mail, options, mail preferences, Mail Sending, mail forwarding (one option)

Or what I actually have done..
    get the pop3 settings from accamail.. log in to acca mail, options, "POP3/IMAP4 & SMTP Setup Information"

Then log in to Gmail, settings, accounts and import, and "add a pop 3 mail account you own."

To send email from accamail, log in to gmail, settings, accounts and import and "Add another email address you own"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sue G

Oh just how annoying is accamail. I remember having problems a while ago and had no responses from support. Suddenly I recalled the information and i was in!!

I am back on that merry go round again

Remind me please.....what is the usual log in. is it :-

Sue G
    Sue.G
    Sue_G
    One of the above with @accamail.com at the end?

Advertisement