Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are burls worth money

Options
  • 29-04-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place to ask?

I have accumulated some burls over my years of cutting timber for my home fire, I currently have some Oak,Beech,Chestnut burls, the largest is about 3ft in diameter, I can't burn them as they are too large for my fireplace and they don't burn well anyway, so I was thinking maybe I could flog them on, do they fetch good cash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

godwin wrote: »
    I hope this is the right place to ask?

I have accumulated some burls over my years of cutting timber for my home fire, I currently have some Oak,Beech,Chestnut burls, the largest is about 3ft in diameter, I can't burn them as they are too large for my fireplace and they don't burn well anyway, so I was thinking maybe I could flog them on, do they fetch good cash?

Nice. When you are selling let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moosetrax

Depends on the size, condition, tree, etc.

I'd be interested in having a look.

Advertisement