Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket Drone Pre Order

Options
  • 29-04-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

What are peoples thoughts on this? RC tricopter with camera mount. Link here. I’m completely new to RC Models but have jumped right in and pre ordered this. Mainly looking for something to do some cool aerial photography but also to get into the RC area in general. Now I just have to wait.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Probably should have asked before pre-ordering. You do realise you'll be hit for duty and taxes when it arrives? First up your video footage will be shaky as hell as there is no way to attach a stabilising gimbal to that copter. It should be ok for stills though. You'll also need some spare batteries because they don't last long and you don't want to go to a cool location, do one flight and then have to return home to charge up again.
    Why wait for one when there's loads of other models available both here and abroad - such as the DJI Phantom.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

The waiting is a bit of a pain - might have jumped in a bit quick but I'm happy with it. I don't mind the taxes too much. Even with those, an extra battery and shipping it shouldn't cost more than the phantom. And it's much more portable.

Video quality doesn't look too bad in the below video.

There seems to be a lot of talk on the kickstarter comments page about adding a gimbal plus FPV manually so I'm pretty sure a few people will come up with solutions for those soon after launch. The above video already has an FPV setup. Should be fun and a good learning exercise upgrading manually too.

They give a good account of themselves at CES Video Here

Advertisement