Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Free weekend.

Options
  • 29-04-2014 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?390433-Party-Weekend-May-1st-May-5th

Some of you may remember Darkfall Online (the first one). Well the game was shutdown and rebuilt, to an extent, and has relaunched. It's had a typical rocky start like most MMO's, but it has improved immensely since then. Even down to the communication from Aventurine (which was almost totally absent before).

Might be worth checking out for anyone interested in an MMO that's different than the current and ongoing trend of passing from one triple A title to the next every 6 months.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I played Darkfall from early beta to launch and 2 months beyond that. It is still one of my top 5 all time MMO experiences and I've tried a lot of them.

In saying that, I just don't believe that there is a place for a hardcore PvP subscription based MMO, in the cutthroat marketplace we have today. It is working for EVE Online, but that game was launched when WoW was the pinnacle of MMOs and it has developed and nurtured a playerbase to become what it is today.
    It also offers avenues for a free-to-play experience, by allowing players to purchase game-time from other players using in-game currency. I believe, if Darkfall, in any incarnation, is to be successful; it needs to drop the sub and get people trying it before they invest their money... otherwise it is doomed for failure.

All that said, great game, would recommend. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Ivan wrote: »
    It is working for EVE Online, but that game was launched when WoW was the pinnacle of MMOs and it has developed and nurtured a playerbase to become what it is today.

Eve was released a year or more before WoW.

Edit: 18 months beforehand.

Advertisement