Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzer fishing video from Lough Corrib

Options
  • 25-04-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I was asked if i could do a 'how to' video of upstream nymphing. im kinda of reluctant because sure as s@*$e someone will pipe up saying im doing it wrong! but as i have explained i am no expert but you might find it useful. if there is anything in particular you want to see comment below and ill do my best over the weekend to get it done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Great idea fair play.

a few ideas to get this rolling.
    Leader setup, nymph selection, water selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Do you use an indicator or just some markings on the line or braided loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Everybody has their own preferred method, but it's a great way to fish. I just keep it simple 9-10 foot tapered leader with tippet of 4lb line and watch the leader for takes. I don't like football type indicators. But I do like New Zealand style.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Very cool. Were you fishing them static or doing a very slow retrieve? That fish you lost looked huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭floattuber_lee

panic with the drogue panic with the drogue!!! class fish well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

I would generally move them a small amount.

Yeah, drogue is a great job but a balls when you are flying solo.....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Excellent video. I have two days booked for corrib in June. staying in the Corrib view lodge. can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Drop me a PM nearer your visit and I'll let you know what's happening. I'm on the lake 2/3 times a week......

gary29428 wrote: »
    Drop me a PM nearer your visit and I'll let you know what's happening. I'm on the lake 2/3 times a week......

I definitely will. it will only be my second time fishing Corrib so we booked a guide and all.
    Trying to merge all the videos together from our members. bare with me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Wheres the video ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

stylie wrote: »
    Wheres the video ?

think there is a fault here

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Looks like two different threads have been corrupted together.
    Was looking forward to the buzzer fishing, am going to be giving it a go myself on the Corrib this weekend...

stylie wrote: »
    Wheres the video ?
    viper123 wrote: »
    Looks like two different threads have been corrupted together.
    Was looking forward to the buzzer fishing, am going new threadto be giving it a go myself on the Corrib this weekend...

Trying to compile all the videos into the new thread but the threads wont merge properly:confused:

Advertisement