Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea fishing tips

Options
  • 29-04-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

last summer i had a little fishing phase that ended without cause, possibly the continual bad weather kept me inside long enough for me to forget , I was more naive than i am now so Its time to give a another more mature try. I want to do a lot more research this time round.
    last year it was me and a buddy fishing in a small lake within walking proximity from our homes, 5-6 trips total, didnt catch a thing , no surprise to us, my guess was that the lake wasnt very scarsely populated, plus it seemed way to shallow..
    anyway I think I have a better chance doing it off a pier,
    I'm in mayo.
    what sorta of species would I catch round this time
    Id appreciate some general advice on everything and anything related to pier fishing.

Also on a slightly different note could you fish for some edible crustaceans e.g crab, lobster. off a pier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Off a pier in Mayo you'd expect to catch some pollack or coalfish, maybe some wrasse depends on where you are I suppose. Back Belmullet way would be a good spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Friendly_User

Totally Awsome Fishing on youtube have some great advise for shore / pier fishing. At lease they help me out a lot.

Advertisement