Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Phone.

Options
  • 28-04-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭

Can a phone shop find the owner of a phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

If there is a SIM card in the phone the network should be able to identify the owner (assuming it's registered) by the serial number on the SIM. They may also be able to identify the owner through the phone's IMEI number. They won't give you any information on the owner (Data Protection)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

If you have the phone and it has battery (or you have a charger) keep it with you for a bit incase someone rings it. Thats how I got the last phone I found back to its owner. It had a passcode lock and no owners information on it so was either hand it in to the guards or wait for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

My sister lost her phone over the weekend - it might be an extremely long shot, but where did you find that phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Player 2 wrote: »
    My sister lost her phone over the weekend - it might be an extremely long shot, but where did you find that phone?

Months ago I'm afraid.Left it in the hot press to dry out and forgot about it,charged it up andit appears to be working.
    There could be some valuable personal info on it I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement