Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New look Six One News

Options
  • 28-04-2014 6:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Apart from the new graphics in the opening titles and larger captions, there isn't much difference so far.

News is just news I supppose.

Oh, and no Sharon. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Looks much worse than the old style ones IMO, which I had grown accustomed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Looks much worse than the old style ones, which I had acclimated to.
    Music is terrible
    The graphic colours red, white, blue and orange WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Looks much worse than the old style ones IMO, which I had grown accustomed to.

I always say that every time they change graphics on TV news.

"This is terrible. I hate this. Why did they change it?"

Cut to a few months later...... "Did they change the graphics? Can't remember what the old ones even looked like."

Cut to a few years later when they make another change: "This is terrible. I hate this. Why did they change it?"

Although I don't like the new look myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

They actually introduced this sort-of-new look on Saturday.

The previous look lasted five years - so, in all fairness, it was probably time for a change of some sort.

They've merely re-recorded the theme tune, however. When was the last time they came up with a new look for the news without coming up with a new theme tune as well? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

I like the theme tune and it should stay long term and become a kind of catch to recognisably announce RTE news. I like the new graphics. I thought it was strange for a few minutes but I think it's veyr current and clean and professional looking. It's a big improvement over the previous one.

squonk wrote: »
    I like the theme tune and it should stay long term and become a kind of catch to recognisably announce RTE news.

Worth pointing out that BBC News's beeps-and-drums theme tune has been used for a stonking 15 years now, albeit with a fair bit of tinkering along the way.

I'm not sure if any of the tunes used for RTE News have lasted quite as long - certainly, the current one is the longest-running since the 1980s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sharon is back !

All is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

The theme tune is absolutely awful. I have always thought that. You would think when they half heartedly updated the graphics that they would change the theme music. It grates on me! RTE should take a leaf out of the UK news channells, lovely sets, graphics, theme music. So watchable!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

rogercar wrote: »
    The theme tune is absolutely awful. I have always thought that. You would think when they half heartedly updated the graphics that they would change the theme music. It grates on me! RTE should take a leaf out of the UK news channells, lovely sets, graphics, theme music. So watchable!

And so expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

We should have gone for something like fox news have, totally OTT.

rogercar wrote: »
    The theme tune is absolutely awful. I have always thought that. You would think when they half heartedly updated the graphics that they would change the theme music. It grates on me!

As I've already said, this is the first time in a very long while that a new look for the news has been unveiled without a new theme tune to go with it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Looks really cheap. A friend remarked that it looked like something off of France 24.

The 'RTE News' bit is also on a white background on a white background. Absolutely pointless.

rte-six-one-news-new-opening-graphics-26-april-2014-630x332.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

You can expect a new look to News now in a few weeks as well to have it looking the same thats what they told me in a tweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The 'RTE News' bit is also on a white background on a white background. Absolutely pointless.

rte-six-one-news-new-opening-graphics-26-april-2014-630x332.jpg

I like the new(ish) look, but I cannot un-see that. It's like they added that bit in with Microsoft Paint, but didn't know to make the background transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The captions are bigger and clearer, good for ould ones like meself!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's grown on me somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's having a bit of a 'mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

It's having a bit of a 'mare.

4 years! :pac:

Yeah, I'd say most of them are off on their holliers.

Advertisement