Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy sIII

Options
  • 28-04-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i've had an issue where my internal screen has 'cracked' according to samsung operatives even though there is no physical damage i.e. no cracks on main screen. I wanted to know if any other samsung users have had this problem as i received a quote of 140 euros to repair the phone.

what does my warranty cover??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

i've had an issue where my internal screen has 'cracked' according to samsung operatives even though there is no physical damage i.e. no cracks on main screen. I wanted to know if any other samsung users have had this problem as i received a quote of 140 euros to repair the phone.

what does my warranty cover??

Your EU Statutory Warranty covers hardware faults which present up to two years after purchsse, a directive which has been translated into Irish Consumer Law.

The manufacturers warranty is in addition to your legally binding Statutory Warranty, but it may also cover such an eventuality, depending on the time factor.

How long have you had the device??

Who quoted you the repair cost??

Your contract of sale, of course, is with the retailer, wherever you bought the device, so they are the people to approach in the first instance for remedy under law.

Advertisement