Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom standard router settings

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭

It's been yonks since I had any dealings with eircom routers but I have to stick one in for a friend tonight.

Are these still the correct eircom settings for a new standard Broadband router install?

Username: eircom@eircom.net

Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE

Multiplexing: LLC Based

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

Primary DNS: 213.94.190.194

Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

It's been yonks since I had any dealings with eircom routers but I have to stick one in for a friend tonight.

Are these still the correct eircom settings for a new standard Broadband router install?

Username: eircom@eircom.net

Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE

Multiplexing: LLC Based

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

Primary DNS: 213.94.190.194

Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236

Yeah, you should use their new DNS though

Primary DNS: 159.134.0.1. Secondary DNS: 159.134.0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Cheers,

Just as a by the way?

Does their new E-Fibre come as a self install too or is it only via a Tech visit?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its installed by a contractor, needs a new faceplate on the master socket(NTU) and a jumper cable to be connected at the cabinet.

eFibre uses IPoE for most users, so you dont need those PPPoE details.

Advertisement