Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 cracked screen repair

Options
  • 28-04-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

As per title. Dropped me phone for the 100th time yesterday, except this time it met the concrete absolutely parallel.

Working fine - cracked the glass, no insurance.

Been online and a screen swap seems fairly easy. Have the tools - part costs about 50-60 quid.

Anyone here have one fixed in town for the same / less money? Just curious as it might save me a few bob and the time spent waiting on parts...

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

In town it would cost you between €100 and €150, leaning towards the €150.
    Had to get my one fixed about 6 months ago but cant remember exactly how much it was. Either €120 or €150.
    Was done by the guy down the laneway behind Chicken hut, I tried all of the other similar types of repair places in town and he was €10 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

iPhone 5 LCD replacements are much easier to do than iPhone 3G(s) and 4(s). It really is quite simple. However an iPhone 5 LCD costing €50/€60 quid is no doubt a very poor knock-off and will end up a giant waste of time and money. A decent LCD will cost close to €100 - €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

http://www.iqfix.ie/

This crowd might be worth a look. But it seems like the iPhone 5 is going cost a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Hooked

Howdy all...

Opted for a cheap screen (LCD and digitizer) online. With tools.

Paid 32 euro all in - and despite having to relocate the camera, it's cable (and some finicky plastic components), metal plate LCD protector and home button (hair dryer needed to melt the glue) from my busted screen - to the new screen, it's working perfectly.

Wasn't expecting to have to do any of that - but what do you expect for 30 quid.

Screen seems pretty identical.

Pretty chuffed with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

iPhone 5 LCD replacements are much easier to do than iPhone 3G(s) and 4(s). It really is quite simple. However an iPhone 5 LCD costing €50/€60 quid is no doubt a very poor knock-off and will end up a giant waste of time and money. A decent LCD will cost close to €100 - €120.

I bet any back street repair shop that are charging between 100 and 150 euro will be using the €50/€60 quid screens.....Makes me laugh when these shops advertise that they only use original Apple parts........do you really think that Apple make these screens available on the open market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

Guy in Foxes Bow - Nick - shop is ND Repairs. Don't have a number, sorry

Advertisement