Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pregnancy pampering Cork

Options
  • 28-04-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies, I am looking to book myself for a bit of a pampering session before babs arrives in June. I was hoping to get my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted to minimise the need for makeup during the summer and get a wax to get the lady bits labour ready! I would also love a facial or massage. Just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in Cork that would be nice to go to? A lot of the hotel spas that I have looked at don’t seem to do the eyelash or eyebrow tinting although there is the added bonus of having access to a pool in a hotel. Also, I would probably be doing it by myself as there is really no body that would be free to go with me, would it look odd if I turned up somewhere by myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I may well be corrected on this but when I was pregnant last time (4 yrs ago) I remember a lot of talk about pregnancy massage in the spa of the Imperial - was supposed to be amazing. Have heard great things about the spa in general although have not used it myself.

I'd love a bit of pampering myself - a pedi would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Of course it's not odd going by yourself. I do that all the time!

Maryborough does a lovely pregnancy massage. Imperial is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Karmella wrote: »
    I may well be corrected on this but when I was pregnant last time (4 yrs ago) I remember a lot of talk about pregnancy massage in the spa of the Imperial - was supposed to be amazing. Have heard great things about the spa in general although have not used it myself.

I'd love a bit of pampering myself - a pedi would be great.
    Thanks Karmella, The Imperial looks lovely and it’s a touch cheaper than some other places. Also they do the eyebrow and eyelash tinting which means I can get all done together. Not sure about the pedi, I'd love it, but god no person should have to go near my feet!

pwurple wrote: »
    Of course it's not odd going by yourself. I do that all the time!

Maryborough does a lovely pregnancy massage. Imperial is good.

Thanks Pwurple, I’ve never had a spa day before, so wasn’t sure what the etiquette would be about going alone!

Advertisement