Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th dec Winter wedding menu...

Options
  • 28-04-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Beef, chicken or turkey and ham

Pan Roast Chicken Breast A Confit of Potato & Fois Gras In A Parcel of Crepinette, Red Wine Jus
    Or

Roast Sirloin of Prime Irish Beef with Cracked Pepper & Horseradish Crust, Roast Potato, Truffle Pudding, Natural Gravy

Or

Traditional Stuffed Turkey & Ham with Gruyere & Smoked Pancetta Croquettes, Traditional Turkey Gravy

Beef is a supplement of €3 each. All 3 taste delicious. We will have salmon too.. Which would you choose??

Comments

Turkey and ham sounds great to me.

Feck I'm hungry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Stay away from turkey and ham just after Christmas... We're having a chicken dish on New Years Eve...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Beef.

Not turkey and ham. Guests will already have had their fill of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I would go with the beef or chicken, people will be sick of the sight of turkey after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

Is chicken a bit bla???? But then with beef people will still moan on how fatty/overcooked/ undercooked it is

• Advertisement

Andiewoo wrote: »
    Is chicken a bit bla???? But then with beef people will still moan on how fatty/overcooked/ undercooked it is

We had chicken and beef at our wedding and we had no complaints to our face anyway, I was super impressed with them at our tasting and if accompanied by the right ingredients chicken shouldn't be bla!

It's very hard to keep everyone happy though but go with your gut :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

lainycool wrote: »

chicken I keep thinking of what that extra 600 supplement could pay for...
    I'll wait closer to the date and the final menu tasting. I figure ppl will be sick of food in general on 30th dec lol! I'm more of a desert/sweets choc person myself! The oh couldn't care less!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Andiewoo wrote: »

I would go for roast beef! It is fav Sunday dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I would go with the beef myself. People are funny about fois gras!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

We had chicken and beef at our wedding and we had no complaints to our face anyway, I was super impressed with them at our tasting and if accompanied by the right ingredients chicken shouldn't be bla!

nobody complains to your face. You just gave them a slap up meal on the greatest day of your life, how rude would that be to say the beef was a bit fatty

I always think to myself (the beef is fatty/dry/lukewarm/sparse), always eat it, and never say a word to anyone.

chicken if done right should be corn fed and succulent and damn right tasty.

• Advertisement

nobody complains to your face. You just gave them a slap up meal on the greatest day of your life, how rude would that be to say the beef was a bit fatty

I always think to myself (the beef is fatty/dry/lukewarm/sparse), always eat it, and never say a word to anyone.

chicken if done right should be corn fed and succulent and damn right tasty.

I did say nobody complained to our face but that's not to say it wasn't said to someone!

The people who matter the most on your special day won't care about the food, band etc, The highlight of their day will be seeing the people they love join their lives together, Soppy I know but true :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The people who matter the most on your special day won't care about the food, band etc,
    They will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Dovies wrote: »
    I would go with the beef myself. People are funny about fois gras!

I'd vote for chicken except for the fois gras bit. I'm a bit funny about it. I'm against it on principle and am still amazed in this day and age of animal rights and protection they're still ok with force feeding animals to their deaths.
    Feels a little revolting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I agree- would definitely stay away from the turkey and ham, people will have it coming out of their ears come the 30th!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Personally I'd go for the chicken, but I'd see can the fois gras be substituted with something else. Any weddings I've been at where beef was served I've always been really underwhelmed by it. In contrast, I've been to 3 who've served chicken and it's been awesome! At one of them my hubby chose beef instead of chicken, and when he had a taste of mine he was raging he hadn't chosen it. A lot of people are fussy about how they like the beef cooked; from well done (burnt IMO :p) to rare and you can't please everyone! At least with chicken it can only cooked the one way.

Advertisement