Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paper Driving License

Options
  • 28-04-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Not sure if this the correct area to post this but here goes.
    I'm going to Spain on Friday for a wedding and cannot find my driving license.
    I will be renting a car over there so I assume they will require my driving license.
    Is there any temporary paper license I can get on short notice?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Not that will suffice for renting a car abroad I dont think. You can call into the license center and make your application, but I dont think there is a system to fast track emergency cases though. Maybe ask the question in the license center.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think your best bet is to turn the place upside down until you find it. This could get you in deep deep doodah if you're ever stopped by a Guard over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

flazio wrote: »
    I think your best bet is to turn the place upside down until you find it. This could get you in deep deep doodah if you're ever stopped by a Guard over here.

They can get a replacement licence easily to cover the Gardaì but they won't be able to get a licence in time to hire a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Not worried about the Gardai, they're not monsters. I'll apply for a new one today and get the missus to drive in Spain.

Advertisement