Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL Maths Problem!

Options
  • 28-04-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm in ordinary level maths. During the easter holidays we were given one of the mock exams to do (not sure which company, but it was the one we didn't use for our mock). I can't get my head around a good few of the questions, everytime I've looked at them it just seems to be going nowhere not having a clue where to even start, even when I looked it up in my book (although we were told not to) it wasn't clearing some things up for me. I got a C in the mocks, so I really don't know if this is just a very hard paper, or maybe my mock was very easy, or am I just panicking? I'm just really stressed out about it now as I'm aware that time isn't exactly on my side, and all of a sudden I've gone from being comfortable enough in maths to being not so sure anymore.

Just thought I'd post my situation up see what some people have to say, as I'm feeling pretty down about it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Any particular type of question you're especially struggling with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You've plenty of time on your side. Don't get worked up over it, it will serve no purpose.
    The teachers should go through the mock questions with your and explain where you went wrong and how to fix it
    Then you can focus on these areas.

Most people tend to do worse in their mocks than in the real exam anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nb6696

There was questions on complex numbers, co-ordinate geometry and some sort of trig question i think? but the entire paper was tricky the wording on it was so confusing. went back into school monday and a lot of the lads felt the same about it, the teacher went over a few things and it's making more sense to me now.

Thanks for the responses, i'm much more relaxed now about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Glad to hear it!

Maybe the wording was something of a rogue paper, or due to it being from the different company. In any case, trying a couple more might be helpful, just to try and get the hang of. At least it sounds like you're doing OK on the fundamentals!

Advertisement