Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing Aids in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 27-04-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I have free travel and was wondering has anyone gone to the North to buy hearing aids and is it worth it? I am wary about buying online as I think I need to be tested, etc. I qualify for the grant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

joanmul wrote: »
    I have free travel and was wondering has anyone gone to the North to buy hearing aids and is it worth it? I am wary about buying online as I think I need to be tested, etc. I qualify for the grant.

Would you get the grant in northern ireland? I thought it was only applicable in republic. I could be wrong though.

Prices in republic are competitive if you shop around. Deals to be done if you ask.

You could get better value in north but will this be negated by time spent travelling up for rehabs and any repairs. In saying that i know people who bought up north and are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

larko wrote: »
    Would you get the grant in northern ireland? I thought it was only applicable in republic. I could be wrong though.

Yes you can get the grant in the North. Thanks for your info.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

joanmul wrote: »
    Yes you can get the grant in the North. Thanks for your info.
    Check what brands & models you get down here and up there.

Advertisement