Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 Valuation

Options
  • 27-04-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm moving to Canada in a couple of weeks and unfortunately this means parting with my beloved E46.

I was hoping to get some of your opinions on what sort of money I should be looking for when I sell the car.

The car really is a head turner (in my eyes at least) and has never given me any trouble.

Model: BMW 320D E46 Coupe (Auto with SMG)
    Year: 2004
    Condition: Excellent, apart from minor scratches above left wheel arch.
    Mileage: 110k Miles.
    Full Black Leather Interior (Very Good Condition)
    Cruise Control
    Traction Control
    Air Conditioning
    BMW M Sport Alloys
    Electric Windows / Mirrors
    Run Flat Tyres
    Tax: September 2014
    NCT: July 2014

The car really is a head turner (in my eyes at least) and has never given me any trouble.

Please don't give any smart answers, I'm looking for genuine opinions from people who know what they're talking about.

Thanks in advance,
    Hugo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd say about 3000-3500, depending on condition and service history.

A brand new NCT when you sell it will be essential too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Service history?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is the car M-Sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Diesel E46 coupes sell for decent money. The mileage is low for the year and the leather interior is a plus. You need to NCT it though (which can be done 3 months before the due date) to get the best price for it though. With a fresh NCT I think that car will fetch up to €4500, a genuine M Sport will fetch even more. Any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,027 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You can NCT your car 3 months early. So you can do it now. Do it now :)

If your car is an M-sport, I'd advertise it for €3,500 with the new NCT. If not, try €2,950

In either case, you've left yourself very little time, take whatever reasonable offer you get!

And best of luck with your new life in Canada :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I would put it up for 4 and the lowest I'd take would be 3500.

@bazz26 - you are probably right with your prices, very few diesel E46 coupés about and they are sought after, but the OP only has 2 weeks left. Unless he can get somebody else to handle the sale when he is gone, he is unlikely to make that kinda money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

unkel wrote: »
    You can NCT your car 3 months early. So you can do it now. Do it now :)

If your car is an M-sport, I'd advertise it for €3,500 with the new NCT. If not, try €2,950

In either case, you've left yourself very little time, take whatever reasonable offer you get!

And best of luck with your new life in Canada :)

Stupidly undervalued.

Stupidly undervalued.

At least I'm not too stupid to read the OP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

unkel wrote: »
    At least I'm not too stupid to read the OP :p

He wants to sell it, not give it away :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Hulgraine

Thanks for all of your responses - some were very helpful.

The car is not an M-Sport, but it does have an M-Sport Steering Wheel, Alloys and Gear Stick.

I've booked the car in for an NCT next week - the only one available in Dublin during the month of May at such short notice. I'm perfectly confident that she will pass without any problem. I've looked after the car well and it was just serviced in January '14.

I think Challengemaster was right about that under-valuation. Someone who will appreciate this car will be willing to pay a lot more. And yeah, the 2.0l Diesel model is sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hulgraine

Also, I can't post any images as I have created less than 50 posts. But if anyone is particularly interested in seeing some photos, let me know and I can message them to you.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Hulgraine wrote: »
    Thanks for all of your responses - some were very helpful.

The car is not an M-Sport, but it does have an M-Sport Steering Wheel, Alloys and Gear Stick.

I've booked the car in for an NCT next week - the only one available in Dublin during the month of May at such short notice. I'm perfectly confident that she will pass without any problem. I've looked after the car well and it was just serviced in January '14.

I think Challengemaster was right about that under-valuation. Someone who will appreciate this car will be willing to pay a lot more. And yeah, the 2.0l Diesel model is sought after.
    Not an Msport, doubt you'll get what you are thinking to be honest.

Hulgraine wrote: »
    I think Challengemaster was right about that under-valuation.

The only thing challengemaster posted was personal abuse. I hope you get as much for your car as you can, but your time is running out. Get the car NCTd ASAP and you have a fair chance of getting a good bit of money for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just simple stuff too, fresh NCT, recent service and take good photos. Take as many as DoneDeal will allow(10), show the entire car, interior, back seats, boot etc.

Write a good, clean and to the point ad(don't put anything like 'first to see will buy nonsense) with all the important details.

Remember you're selling the car, and a well written ad always suggests to me as a buyer the owner is a probably a sensible, honest guy who looked after his car. If I see a badly written ad or bad photos I just move straight on.

Oh and read the 'Selling a car' thread on here, it should be very useful for you; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056392340

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if it were an m sport, Id probably put it up for E4950, if its an SE E3950...

Advertisement