Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63, FAULT please help quick

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello to any helpers :)

I have an astec 63 alarm system. This morning it started beeping periodically, every 45 seconds, it beeps for about 1 second and then stops.

I have tried bypassing and unbypassing all zones and what seems like every other possible solution in the user manual but to no avail.

Before I tried the bypassing it showed a message saying "call engineer". This can be done but alas, it is a Sunday and they is not available until tomorrow morning.

Is there a way I can silence the system aka. can I stop the bloody beeping because it is driving me bonkers :p

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure it's not a smoke alarm with a low battery. If you have a smoke alarm connected to the alarm then it's the battery in the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

the panel? you mean the numerical key panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Bloody hell it was the carbon monoxide detector. The CO detector is beside the alarm system.

I'm so sorry for your trouble mate..

Thank you again .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a common mistake. Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement